Autumnizing Old Rusty

This fire place came with our home. We never light it, it's never cold enough. It's a bit rusty looking too. But I like it and I like rusty looking things, so it's staying.

This is the way I had "Old Rusty" decorated for the Summer time, and pretty much most of the year. But now it's time to dress him up for Fall.

I emptied the sand out of the mason jars and filled them with fake leaves and topped the jars with hurricanes.
I strung some twine with clothes pins, paper leaves and vintage photos.
This vintage ceramic coffee pot was missing it's lid and I paid $1.50 for it at GW.






This is a collection of white ceramic squashes I found at GW for dirt cheap during the off season.

Linked to:

Fall Nesting Party at The Inspired Room   


Show and Tell Wednesdays at Blue Cricket Designs

..: Autumnizing Old Rusty

Sunday, September 5

Autumnizing Old Rusty

This fire place came with our home. We never light it, it's never cold enough. It's a bit rusty looking too. But I like it and I like rusty looking things, so it's staying.

This is the way I had "Old Rusty" decorated for the Summer time, and pretty much most of the year. But now it's time to dress him up for Fall.

I emptied the sand out of the mason jars and filled them with fake leaves and topped the jars with hurricanes.
I strung some twine with clothes pins, paper leaves and vintage photos.
This vintage ceramic coffee pot was missing it's lid and I paid $1.50 for it at GW.






This is a collection of white ceramic squashes I found at GW for dirt cheap during the off season.

Linked to:

Fall Nesting Party at The Inspired Room   


Show and Tell Wednesdays at Blue Cricket Designs

13 Comments:

At September 5, 2010 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Gillian Layne said...

I love it! Your blog is beautiful--and I'm crazy about the clothes pins and the pictures. :)

 
At September 5, 2010 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mary. I just found you blog over at Met Monday. I love old Rusty's fall makeover. There's so much to like, I'll just say I like it all. I'm now following you (as tonasun) and look forward to coming back often. I hope you'll stop by and visit at cottonpickincute.blogspot.com.

I adore the Farewell to summer button on your left sidebar. Would you mind if I made a copy to use for a paper tag. If you don't want me to I certainly would understand. I just don't want to borrow without asking.

Hugs...Tracy :)

 
At September 6, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it looks fabulous. You did such a great job. I would never have thought to decorate a stove. I absolutely love it. Wonderful. Hugs, Marty

 
At September 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Oh, I love this! I have an old, beautiful stove on my deck that would look wonderful decked out like this....now I have to figure out where to put it. Thanks for the inspirational spark!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love everything! Definitely looks like fall ;o)

 
At September 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

This is amazing looks like a picture out of southern living or other home/decorating magazines

 
At September 7, 2010 at 3:28 AM , Blogger Sheila said...

I love your ideas! Wow!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM , Blogger the thrifty ba said...

coming from anything related and this makes me want to get the fall out of the boxes. (btw-they are in the living room-just not unpacked)

 
At September 7, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Beatnheart said...

Thank you so much for your visit and birthday greetings! I have this same fireplace situated just like yours in a corner with the two windows. English husband elevated it on a platform when we rebuilt the room. I use mine alot in winter and love it!!!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It all looks wonderful, great finds!

 
At September 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM , Blogger mel@livvyloowho said...

I love the garland, what a great (and simple) idea! And that fireplace is fabulous! Love it!

livvyloowho.blogspot.com

 
At September 8, 2010 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Angela said...

Great! I found you through Coastal Charm. I would love for you to join my link party at
http://www.unexpectedelegance.com/?p=558

 
At September 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Arabella said...

What a cute idea! dropping by from Toot Your Horn Tuesday...

Hope you're having a lovely week!

Marie
http://www.sallyleebythesea.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home