Simple Fall Decor




I went "shopping" around the house to see what I already owned, in hopes of pulling together another Fall tablescape.


This is my trusty neutral candle holder, to which I added some free colored pebbles from freecycle. I finally had a use for the orange ones. :O)




A mix of vintage and new.



Frugal simplicity.





Lot's of warm candle glowiness.......






These vintage Hull bowls are my favorite Fall pattern........







I set them on a hammered aluminum cake stand, and had fun adding candles and apples.








I used a curtain valance on the table top. (Shhhhhh) :O)



Please visit Between Naps On The Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts! :O)




Labels:

..: Simple Fall Decor

Wednesday, October 21

Simple Fall Decor




I went "shopping" around the house to see what I already owned, in hopes of pulling together another Fall tablescape.


This is my trusty neutral candle holder, to which I added some free colored pebbles from freecycle. I finally had a use for the orange ones. :O)




A mix of vintage and new.



Frugal simplicity.





Lot's of warm candle glowiness.......






These vintage Hull bowls are my favorite Fall pattern........







I set them on a hammered aluminum cake stand, and had fun adding candles and apples.








I used a curtain valance on the table top. (Shhhhhh) :O)



Please visit Between Naps On The Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts! :O)




Labels:

14 Comments:

At October 22, 2009 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Rettabug said...

I never would have known that was a curtain valance if you hadn't told us!
The clean lines & simplicity of this TT give it all a fresh crisp look. Very pretty!

♥ Rettabug

 
At October 22, 2009 at 4:57 AM , Blogger Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

I love your style. Simple, clean lines and that cottage style. Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.
Rebekah

 
At October 22, 2009 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Joyce said...

I am going to copy your wonderful idea of the candles and the apples.
Joyce

 
At October 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Slice of Pie said...

Love your use of the Hull bowls. We call that "Jewel Tea" in my neck of the woods ... because the Jewel Tea man sold it from his truck when I was a kid. I have several pieces of my aunt's collection ... You've prompted a neat memory for me, today! Thanks for sharing. ... Beautiful decor!

 
At October 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Abatevintage said...

What a great tablescape the vitage bowls stacked are so darling done this way. I love all the candles lit in the background. Great job.

Blessings,
Heidi

 
At October 22, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love the vintage bowls on the metal cake stand, looks very cool, my mom had a lot of that style of dishes...

 
At October 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

I LOVE your sideboard! Love it!
Brenda

 
At October 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Sue said...

I think it is clever to use the valance. Everything looks so pretty by candlelight, doesn't it?

Sue

 
At October 22, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Denise said...

I love using things I have around the home. That's what I did this week too, but I used pink stuff for BCA month. I will have to cave and buy some black chargers next week so I can come up with something 'halloweenish' :-)

 
At October 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Marigene said...

I love shopping from around the house, always finding something I have tucked away and forgotten. Your table looks very nice. Love your Jewel Tea bowls.

 
At October 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Tardevil said...

Those vintage bowls are my favorite thing too. Gorgeous.

 
At October 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM , Anonymous sherri@lavenderfields said...

Great table. It's amazing what we can put together when we think about it! Good for you! Have a wonderful week...Sherri : )

 
At October 23, 2009 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Beansieleigh said...

Hi Mary! LOVE your fall-patterned vintage bowls! I look forward to participating too, sometime after the move into my new home, after I'm settled in a bit!.. Happy Tablescape Thursday to you! ~tina

 
At October 24, 2009 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sweet and simple -- very well done -- I'm a pewter lover so I adore those plates and what pretty color to those bowls too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home