Show And Tell Friday & Frugalicious Friday



I found this book, John James Audubon, at the swap-meet for $2.00. It has beautiful picture after picture of birds, which I'm thinking of photo copying for craft projects, I don't want to take apart such a nice book. It was fun to display with a natural style vignette.




Please visit My Romantic Home for more Show And Tell Friday posts.
Also......
Please visit Finding Fabulous for more Frugalicious Friday posts.

Labels:

..: Show And Tell Friday & Frugalicious Friday

Wednesday, February 24

Show And Tell Friday & Frugalicious Friday



I found this book, John James Audubon, at the swap-meet for $2.00. It has beautiful picture after picture of birds, which I'm thinking of photo copying for craft projects, I don't want to take apart such a nice book. It was fun to display with a natural style vignette.




Please visit My Romantic Home for more Show And Tell Friday posts.
Also......
Please visit Finding Fabulous for more Frugalicious Friday posts.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At February 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice find. That type of book is pretty pricey in the store.

 
At February 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, what a beautiful books. The pictures would be great for projects! Have fun :)
Wendy

 
At February 25, 2010 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Apron Senorita said...

The book is lovely and your display of it is gorgeous. I too posted about my books this week. Congratulations on such a great purchase.

Yoli :)

 
At February 26, 2010 at 4:42 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I love, love the idea....how you displayed it is SO MUCH better than just laying it on a table somewhere.

I captured a bit of the Irish Lore today in my SHOW N TELL. Do stop by for a wee bit o' the Irish Luck if you can!

 
At February 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Denise Marie said...

now, that is frugalicious...you can pic a diff page everytime you vignette it.

 
At February 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Blogger jninecostumes said...

Don't forget to post pics of your projects. It will be fun to see what you come up with.

 
At February 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Marilyn Holeman said...

I'm SO pleased that you are not destroying that wonderful book--a treasure! I just came over from My Romantic Home. Your blog looks lovely. Have fun crafting with those copies!

 
At February 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

That's a GREAT find! I have a HUGE Audubon book of birds from my teens that I still LOVE. You may not know this, but it's an interesting piece of lore...he did all of his paintings from dead birds, that's why sometimes they look a little "off" in the painting. That's just how it was done back then! LOL

 
At February 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Debbiedoos said...

Love the book, it looks great displayed like that too!!~ I am your newest follower:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home