Welcome To The 53rd Masterpiece Monday!



Hi Everyone!

Have you made any New Year's resolutions yet? One of mine is to continue to live a simple and uncomplicated lifestyle. That's not always so easy to do in this day and age.  I think  that a simple lifestyle is more of a personal journey and that everyone's solutions to that journey are unique. What works well for one person or family may or may not work well for another. It's about finding a balance and learning how to be happy with what you have right now, this moment. To stop striving for more and open our eyes to see how much we are already blessed with.

What are some of the ways you like to have fun without spending much or any money at all? I love to walk on the beach with my husband and collect seashells, relax on the sand, take blog pictures of the beach or have an evening bonfire on the beach. We also like to imitate our favorite restaurant food at home and rent a Redbox movie, some times using a free rental code. We like to volunteer at our church soup kitchen every Friday night and sometimes my hubby plays guitar and we both sing worship songs for the people we help feed. We love to fellowship with the people at our church and when you help those in need, I think you receive something more in return.  We also love to go to the library every week, you're never to old to learn something new and it's free!  One of the main things I find fun, of course, is blogging!!!!! How did I ever get by before blogs were invented?

Have a very blessed 2012!



Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.
..: Welcome To The 53rd Masterpiece Monday!

Saturday, December 31

Welcome To The 53rd Masterpiece Monday!



Hi Everyone!

Have you made any New Year's resolutions yet? One of mine is to continue to live a simple and uncomplicated lifestyle. That's not always so easy to do in this day and age.  I think  that a simple lifestyle is more of a personal journey and that everyone's solutions to that journey are unique. What works well for one person or family may or may not work well for another. It's about finding a balance and learning how to be happy with what you have right now, this moment. To stop striving for more and open our eyes to see how much we are already blessed with.

What are some of the ways you like to have fun without spending much or any money at all? I love to walk on the beach with my husband and collect seashells, relax on the sand, take blog pictures of the beach or have an evening bonfire on the beach. We also like to imitate our favorite restaurant food at home and rent a Redbox movie, some times using a free rental code. We like to volunteer at our church soup kitchen every Friday night and sometimes my hubby plays guitar and we both sing worship songs for the people we help feed. We love to fellowship with the people at our church and when you help those in need, I think you receive something more in return.  We also love to go to the library every week, you're never to old to learn something new and it's free!  One of the main things I find fun, of course, is blogging!!!!! How did I ever get by before blogs were invented?

Have a very blessed 2012!



Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.

23 Comments:

At December 31, 2011 at 3:47 AM , Blogger eileeninmd said...

Lovely post, Happy New year to you and your family!

 
At December 31, 2011 at 5:52 AM , Anonymous Janet@Ozarks Livin' said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for hosting this party.

 
At December 31, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Rob Hunt said...

Thanks for hosting. Happy New Year.

 
At January 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sounds like you do a wonderful job of giving back to the community. I never write any resolutions down, but always have some in my head. Love to try and improve myself and be a bit kinder each year. Hubby and I love the outdoors. Just being in Nature beats anything that you can buy. Thanks for letting us share.

 
At January 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year! I have just found your blog and am your newest follower! I adore finding coastal blogs so a big, huge thanks for hosting!! I look forward to linking up in the future :) xo Kirsty

 
At January 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM , Blogger The Charm of Home said...

Happy New Year Mary! I am with you, on spending little to nothing this year for a lot of things. Thanks for hosting.
Sherry

 
At January 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I like your resolutions, Mary! And you are so right about blogging! Happy New Year!...hugs...Debbie

 
At January 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

I enjoyed reading of the fun things you find to do, Mary. I am purposing to start volunteering this year. I've been a bit lost the last several years and miss being involved in church. Happy New Year to you and your family and thanks for hosting.
Lynn

 
At January 1, 2012 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Happy New Year! Hope 2012 is awesome for you! Thanks for hosting.
xoxo,
amy

 
At January 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thank you for hosting the party and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Blessings,
Linda

 
At January 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I love to take walks on the beach, though I don't live near a beach. So you'll have to continue to post though lovely beach images. ;-)
Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

 
At January 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Mary,
Thanks so much for hosting such a great party all year long!!
Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!

Hugs,
Debbie

 
At January 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hello Mary, Thank You for hosting this evening and wishing you and yours a HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY!!!!!!!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh to be close to a beach! How blessed that would be.

Thank you for partying still in 2012!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 5:48 AM , Blogger bj said...

Hi, Mary...thanks so much for hosting..
One of my resolutions is to find a place to help in any way I can with the homeless.
Happy New Year.

oops, just noticed that your word verif. is ON...:)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

I agree that simple living can be a challenge - sometimes it's difficult to step away from the computer and cell phone and just enjoy "being." The things that you listed as your favorite activities sound like heaven to me...Hope you have a very happy new year. thank you for hosting.

 
At January 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous No Place Like Hme said...

Hi Mary, I am your newest follower. I am a northern girl who loves to read blogs by you southern girls. Look forward to sunny inspiration in 2012. God Bless, Wanda

 
At January 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Thanks so much for hosting your party so sweet of you. I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2012 New Year.
xxoo and God Bless, Diane

 
At January 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is my first time partying with you, and I'm glad to be here. I linked my Valentine Plaque ... and I linked back to you! ~ Mary

 
At January 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Rob Hunt said...

Hope its ok to join twice, I wrote a post today about my very vintage storage shed and it seemed to fit in.
Rob

 
At January 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM , Blogger momto8 said...

wow! I don't even know how I came across this site. I love your blog! What great ideas. I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Completely Coastal said...

Love the sand writing! And living simple is all I want! Sometimes I wish I didn't even own a house. Well want to sell it, but the economy is not exactly helping. Then..., my husband and I go for beach walks every chance we get!! So... cheers to the simple coastal lifestyle!!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Ivy and Elephants said...

Thanks for hosting this wonderful party! Happy New Year my dear!

Paula

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home