Did you make many New Year's resolutions for this year? One of mine was to catch up on a lot projects around the house. One of them was to affordably update my kitchen a little. I had a curtain panel I've wanted to use to make into faux roman shades and I finally did it!
Here is the before vintagey look.
Here is the updated new look.
Here is a really great tutorial I found on
Sunset.com. In this tutorial, they used sewing, which I substituted with iron on hemming tape.
Do you like the new light? More on the light in another post, it has it's own story.
For the wood, I used a piece of a pallet
I drilled two holes into the wood to make it easier to screw into the wall.
I wrapped up the fabric and glued it down with fabric fusion and let it dry for 24 hours. I think any kind of glue would work too.
I secured the fabric some more with thumb tacks. To attach to the wall, I lifted the fabric and screwed the board to the wall. When the fabric was lowered it hid the wood.
This Weeks Features
Don't forget to grab a featured button!
1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. Please include a direct link back to my blog party.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy or other sales sites.)
3. Please do not pin from the party, go to the original blog and pin from there
Have a blessed week,