Tablescaping With Old Sheet Music


I was given some old sheet music for free. I was thrilled with the possibility's it presented.



I decided to use it for a natural/neutral looking Valentine tablescape. I glue stick-ed some on wooden clothes pins to use in place of a napkin rings and cut out some heart shapes which could easily be used as place cards, set into the bowls.



I used lot's of texture



I used red New Zealand Tea Tree for a causal feel and to add a tiny bit of red.

I ran some of the sheet music through a paper shredder



I added heart cut outs




A close up of the clothes pin. This was fun and so easy, I think I'm going to become addicted to decorating clothes pins.......


I am addicted to crackle glass!









Some little terra cotta looking bird votive holders from The Dollar Store.



























This banner I made doesn't show up very well in the photo, but it says "Happy Valentines Day".




Please visit Between Naps On The Porch for more Tablescape Thursday fun! :O)


And also please visit Bloggeritaville for more Thrifty Thursday posts! :O)


















Labels: ,

..: Tablescaping With Old Sheet Music

Monday, January 25

Tablescaping With Old Sheet Music


I was given some old sheet music for free. I was thrilled with the possibility's it presented.



I decided to use it for a natural/neutral looking Valentine tablescape. I glue stick-ed some on wooden clothes pins to use in place of a napkin rings and cut out some heart shapes which could easily be used as place cards, set into the bowls.



I used lot's of texture



I used red New Zealand Tea Tree for a causal feel and to add a tiny bit of red.

I ran some of the sheet music through a paper shredder



I added heart cut outs




A close up of the clothes pin. This was fun and so easy, I think I'm going to become addicted to decorating clothes pins.......


I am addicted to crackle glass!









Some little terra cotta looking bird votive holders from The Dollar Store.



























This banner I made doesn't show up very well in the photo, but it says "Happy Valentines Day".




Please visit Between Naps On The Porch for more Tablescape Thursday fun! :O)


And also please visit Bloggeritaville for more Thrifty Thursday posts! :O)


















Labels: ,

27 Comments:

At January 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I just love it all. How creative. I love the music and all of your decorations are just perfect. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

 
At January 26, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

So creative and inspirational! Just so pretty.

 
At January 27, 2010 at 6:56 PM , Blogger WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Nice post and very inspirational!
Gale

 
At January 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM , Blogger vignette design said...

You have given me so many ideas. I have tons of old sheet music! Your table is darling!

 
At January 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM , Blogger j said...

Your banner is adorable! I love the way you used the sheet music.

I like to craft with sheet music too but you would be surprised at the way people feel about repurposing books and things.

 
At January 27, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I really like the neutral tones you used for your V's day 'scape. All the textures make it interesting. The sheet music is a great decorative item! Very pretty vignette on your side table.

DD

 
At January 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Holly Lefevre said...

One of my favorite tablescapes! I just love old sheet music and all of your special details are fantastic. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the white color palette.
Holly @ 504 Main

 
At January 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice tablescape. I love music decor and textures you created. Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 28, 2010 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Pretty and calming...sometimes things are too brash and bold. Now I have some ideas for what I can use my trunk full of music I disliked when I took lessons--Bartok! Never liked it and now it will give me pleasure!! I also enjoyed the tea tree arrangement--that's unheard of here--but I have used tea tree oil. Is it the same plant?

 
At January 28, 2010 at 7:46 AM , Blogger D.B. said...

I love this! So creative and original!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

Very pretty, you've given me some good ideas for my valentines day table.

 
At January 28, 2010 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is SO pretty! I love every single bit of it!!

I just found your blog and am a follower! I will be back :)

Lou Cinda

 
At January 28, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Kathysue said...

Love the texture, love the charm , love the whimsy, great job!!Kathysue

 
At January 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Kat said...

I love this! Kathysue sent me over to see this, I just adore the sheet music. Love all the texture you used, and those decorated clothespins are wonderful. And I too am addicted to crackle glass. Kathy

 
At January 28, 2010 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Bab's Kitchen said...

Your blog is so beuatiful! I am a follower know!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Marigene said...

Adorable table!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Celly B said...

That was so creative to use the sheet music like you did! I love the neutral take on a Valentine's table!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Blogger From the Old InkWell said...

Love it! Very clever!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Honestly, I SING! with joy while looking over this post! it's BEAUTIFUL and so very clever and creative!Great work!


Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

Leigh

Tales from Bloggertiaville

www.lbratina.blogspot.com

 
At January 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger kayellen said...

So pretty :)
Love all the neutrals and textures~~

Happy Table`scape Thursday~

Have a blessed evening!

KayEllen

 
At January 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Maria said...

So innovative! I love it!
What a great way to sing love songs for Valentine's Day~
Maria

 
At January 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Nanna's Knitting said...

This is just so clever and I love the music sheets with just a tiny touch of red! Wonderful tablescape!

 
At January 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM , Blogger The Style Sisters said...

Love your blog and what a great tablescape!! Great ideas. Very creative.

 
At January 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I love it all!!! So creative! Cute banner, too. And who would have thought of using clothespins for napkin rings?? Genius!

 
At January 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love lthe way the sheet music is used, it is so creative, little nests...you must stop my blog and see the ode to cats, since you have some precious babies, I know you will love it...

 
At January 30, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So romantic and your settings is to die for.

Thanks for sharing the ideas.

Happy week-end.

 
At January 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm still trying to catch up on the tablescapes! I really like this, very creative and unique! So pretty and elegant!

I have another polka dot tablescape, red this week (black and white last week!)

Katherine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home