PB Inspiration~Starfish Table Runner


I saw this pattern on a bedding set in the Pottery Barn catalog and loved it a first sight! Very Beachy! I love Beachy!
I didn't want to create an entire comforter though!
I have a lot of left over Home Depot drop cloth material pieces from making slip covers for my couches. So, I decided on making a simple, table runner. I like the raw, casual edges!
I dug through my old craft paints....
Oh, BTW, I just added these new turquoise mercury glass votive holders to my collection, from Big Lot's. $2.40 each! They look like the PB ones! But I digress...........
Anyhoo, I started out using a regular starfish.
Right away didn't really like the way it was turning out....
so I improvised by tracing the starfish on a thin piece of craft foam.
I glued a cork to it with Gorilla glue. This finally worked out really well and I might make some other shapes!
Linked to:
Pottery Barn Challenge at The CSI Project


































..: PB Inspiration~Starfish Table Runner

Tuesday, June 15

PB Inspiration~Starfish Table Runner


I saw this pattern on a bedding set in the Pottery Barn catalog and loved it a first sight! Very Beachy! I love Beachy!
I didn't want to create an entire comforter though!
I have a lot of left over Home Depot drop cloth material pieces from making slip covers for my couches. So, I decided on making a simple, table runner. I like the raw, casual edges!
I dug through my old craft paints....
Oh, BTW, I just added these new turquoise mercury glass votive holders to my collection, from Big Lot's. $2.40 each! They look like the PB ones! But I digress...........
Anyhoo, I started out using a regular starfish.
Right away didn't really like the way it was turning out....
so I improvised by tracing the starfish on a thin piece of craft foam.
I glued a cork to it with Gorilla glue. This finally worked out really well and I might make some other shapes!
Linked to:
Pottery Barn Challenge at The CSI Project


































21 Comments:

At June 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Sue said...

I too love "beachy and tropical"! You did such an awesome job with all of the above and you did it at a great price! Wow, I'm impressed.

Take care, Sue

 
At June 15, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE IT!

 
At June 15, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Very clever. Turned out great! Connie

 
At June 15, 2010 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Ahhhh...so cute and beachy at the same time! Thanks for coming to my PARTY:)

Blessings,
Linda

 
At June 16, 2010 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is GORGEOUS! i noticed it right away in the whatever goes wednesday links.

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Looks fabulous! Love the raw edges. Visiting from SDC. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~Stephanie Lynn

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:41 PM , Blogger michelle@somedaycrafts said...

mAKEs me want to go to the beach... or your house! Beautiful!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 2:50 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

Cute runner, very summery! I like your new votives too!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Joyce said...

I can do this and will do this for my beach house as I love this idea. It looks so cute. Off to craft store today for the right color paint.
Joyce

 
At June 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Blogger One Cheap B*tch said...

I'm in love! The color is just so pretty! And why doesn't my Big Lots have these?! Argh! Nicely done! Definitely going to try this for my table!

Jeanine

 
At June 17, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Love this Mary! Wonderful project! Maybe I could do Placemats!! Oh, and napkins, that would be fun! Great idea!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Blue Artichoke Interiors said...

So cute and clever and thrifty. I will totally add a project like this on my to do list! I'm following you now, BTW.

 
At June 18, 2010 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the star fish runner!!! I'm changing my decorating style and leaning more and more towards the beachy look, glad I found your blog!

Rondell

 
At June 18, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Something Nice and Pretty said...

I found one of those votive holders at Target but I think I paid more than you for one! Love them...the star shaped dishes are fantastic!

Rondell

 
At June 18, 2010 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I love this! & PB but not so much the PB prices...please come link up to our Fabulous Friday linky party!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

 
At June 21, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is so pretty! What a gorgeous motif.

 
At June 22, 2010 at 7:22 PM , Blogger kristenly said...

it turned out great. i've been needing a runner. you have inspired me.

 
At June 23, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Karena said...

Mary, I adore this, it is really designer wonderful!! I have a starfish, maybe the cutouts are better....

I am having a special Giveaway I hope you will join.

Karena
Art by Karena

 
At August 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Very cute! I love the raw edges too!

 
At August 27, 2010 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Andy said...

LOVE that starfish runner. I might give it a shot myself.

 
At November 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM , Anonymous Mike said...

I agree with Ali. The raw edges are really good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home