Pottery Barn Inspired Table Scape And Blue Hour Magic

I recently found this vintage wooden pulley as a curb find. I couldn't believe someone would throw this out! I had to stand there for a minute, blinking, because I couldn't believe my eyes!

This is a nautical knot, called a "Monkey's Fist". I've seen these in the new Pottery Barn catalog. Here is a tutorial on how to DIY.



A couple of weeks ago, Susan our Tablescape Thursday hostess at Between Naps On The Porch, blogged about the color of the sky during "The Blue Hour". She Incorporated it into her table scape post. I had never really noticed the Blue Hour before, it's so beautiful! I logged onto the site that she suggested, Bluehoursite.com. It helped me find the best Blue Hour time for my area. The results were fabulous. Thank you, Susan!

Linked to:
Pottery Barn Challenge at The CSI Project



























..: Pottery Barn Inspired Table Scape And Blue Hour Magic

Wednesday, June 2

Pottery Barn Inspired Table Scape And Blue Hour Magic

I recently found this vintage wooden pulley as a curb find. I couldn't believe someone would throw this out! I had to stand there for a minute, blinking, because I couldn't believe my eyes!

This is a nautical knot, called a "Monkey's Fist". I've seen these in the new Pottery Barn catalog. Here is a tutorial on how to DIY.



A couple of weeks ago, Susan our Tablescape Thursday hostess at Between Naps On The Porch, blogged about the color of the sky during "The Blue Hour". She Incorporated it into her table scape post. I had never really noticed the Blue Hour before, it's so beautiful! I logged onto the site that she suggested, Bluehoursite.com. It helped me find the best Blue Hour time for my area. The results were fabulous. Thank you, Susan!

Linked to:
Pottery Barn Challenge at The CSI Project



























19 Comments:

At June 2, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Wow, gorgeous!

Mary Ellen

 
At June 2, 2010 at 12:56 PM , Blogger The Charm of Home said...

Nice job!! Love the lanterns, the netting, it looks amazing!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM , Blogger iheartsunnydays said...

WOW - this is absolutely beautiful. I'd love to come to your house for this dinner party! Love your bluehour shots - looks incredible.

 
At June 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger jninecostumes said...

Gorgeous pics of the lanterns and twinkle lights against the "blue"!
Your whole nautical table is lovely and I may have to "borrow" some of your ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At June 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Patti's Artful Design said...

Lovely tablescapes and lighting! Thank you for sharing the "Monkey Knot" tutorial. I just may try it myself!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Joanne Kennedy said...

Very pretty. I love those chargers! That knot is darling and perfect for a beach theme. Great curb side find too!

Hugs,
Joanne

 
At June 3, 2010 at 4:34 AM , Blogger bj said...

OMGosh...your blue hour photos are some of the best I've seen. Just beautiful. I have tried for the blue hour but can't figure out how to set my camera for night shots. Need to google it, I guess.
Love the olden pulley and the knot is awesome.

 
At June 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Tracy F. said...

Beautiful tablesettings, and your blue hour pictures are stunning!

 
At June 3, 2010 at 5:55 AM , Blogger Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Great table and great photos!
So beachy and fun!
Cindy

 
At June 3, 2010 at 6:04 AM , Blogger a quiet life said...

your table is fabulous~

 
At June 3, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Scribbler said...

Your photos are totally fabulous. The whole scenario is so creative, just terrific.

Scribbler
http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

 
At June 3, 2010 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Lara Harris said...

Oh wow! SO gorgeous in the night sky!

 
At June 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Sevenbeads said...

Pottery Barn is a huge inspiration to me also. You've done it every bit as well and on a budget too.

 
At June 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Marigene said...

What a nice nautical inspired table...that knot is so cool. Fantastic 'blue hour' photos!

 
At June 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

bj:

Hope this helps: http://bluehoursite.com/articles/how-take-blue-hour-photos

 
At June 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Miss Merry said...

So pretty - and your blue hour pictures are absolutely amazing. They really flatter your tablesetting.

 
At June 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table and with things I know I have around the house. Well, the pulley is in the barn. You have inspired me.
Thanks for the website link.

 
At August 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Very pretty! I love notical and you've captured it so well in your tablescape.

 
At August 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

What a fun table setting! It looks great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home