Fall Make Over On A GW Find


I found this cute little box at Goodwill for $3.99. I like it because it has endless decorating possibilities.

 I took the original pictures out of it and added some cut out pages from a book, made sure they fit and then removed and decorated them.
 I took out my large script stamp (not shown) and stamped the wording side ways over the original print. Then I just randomly stamped some fall images.
 The fun part was using this velvety peel and stick stuff. It was free from Freecycle! But they probably have it at any craft store.
 So easy! I can't wait to redecorate it for Christmas, and Spring and Summer.......
 I think it's supposed to used as a letter/key holder.......
 but for now, I'm having fun using it for candles.
Linked to:
Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville
Fabulous Friday Finds at Frou Frou Decor
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints On The Fridge
Check Me Out Saturday at A vision To Remember
..: Fall Make Over On A GW Find

Sunday, September 26

Fall Make Over On A GW Find


I found this cute little box at Goodwill for $3.99. I like it because it has endless decorating possibilities.

 I took the original pictures out of it and added some cut out pages from a book, made sure they fit and then removed and decorated them.
 I took out my large script stamp (not shown) and stamped the wording side ways over the original print. Then I just randomly stamped some fall images.
 The fun part was using this velvety peel and stick stuff. It was free from Freecycle! But they probably have it at any craft store.
 So easy! I can't wait to redecorate it for Christmas, and Spring and Summer.......
 I think it's supposed to used as a letter/key holder.......
 but for now, I'm having fun using it for candles.
Linked to:
Thrifty Thursday at Tales From Bloggeritaville
Fabulous Friday Finds at Frou Frou Decor
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints On The Fridge
Check Me Out Saturday at A vision To Remember

21 Comments:

At September 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

This is so cute and could be adapted to any frame! I love the running orange sticky stuff through each pic! So adorable!

 
At September 26, 2010 at 3:51 PM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

what a cute arrangement! it looks cozy, if a vignette could look cozy!

 
At September 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Sonny G said...

Ingenious and adorable.. you did GREAT~!

Happy fall
Sonny

 
At September 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is darling! What a great idea! :)

~Liz

 
At September 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Betty said...

I love candles and what a beautiful idea you came up with.

Willow

 
At September 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Sue said...

Great stuff, great photos and I LOVE the first photo under "Time For Fall"! I'm still laughing!

Take care, Sue

 
At September 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great transformation! I love the little birds and candles. You did a fabulous job!!

Jennifer

 
At September 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM , Anonymous Miss Merry said...

That is so cool! You really can see the potential in these items. I would have never thought of this. It looks so terrific!

 
At September 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Mary...

Girl, this is awesome!!! Wow, I think you got a great deal on this pretty box at just $3.99 and you're right about the endless decorating possibilities!!! But...I love, love, LOVE how you decorated it for autumn! You're such a creative and talented lady!!! Using the paper...makes for a great background to all of your fabulous and fun stamps...and I love the orange velvet designs!!! Sooo pretty, my friend! Adding the pretty birds and pinecones was the "icing on the cake" so to speak! What a lovely autumn vignette! Thank you for sharing it with us! Hmmm...now I will be keeping my eyes out for a similar box!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

 
At September 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY Clever and so cute! Great job. Toni

 
At September 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Marlis said...

I love your box and the inserts are amazing. I love that you are thinking ahead to other uses. I'm off to find one of my own now!

 
At September 27, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

What a great job. You really transformed it in a such unique way.

I host a weekly meme called Seasonal Sundays. The link is up until late Monday night. I'd love to have you link up. Hope to see you.

- The Tablescaper

 
At September 27, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Lallee said...

What a great redo you created for fall. Gotta love those thrift stores!

 
At September 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Cate said...

Great job. It looks so welcoming.

- From Little Things

 
At September 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

 
At September 27, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Dining Delight said...

Wonderful and creative idea - looks so pretty all lit up!

DD

 
At September 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Vintagesouthernlife said...

What a find... and you are so creative. Your right, it will be great to use year 'round. My kind of decorating. I love to get a lot of mileage out of an item... not as much packing and unpacking! Another Goodwill fan, Annette

 
At September 28, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome looking makeover on this thrift store treasure...looks soooo cute!!! Thanks for showing it off at my NTT party!

Blessings,
Linda

 
At October 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Lauren @ 31diy said...

Oh I like it so much! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see how it looks when you decorate it for Christmas, etc.

By the way, I just have to tell you that I have those same bird tea light holders, which I got from Dollar Tree. Yours look like they are in much better shape than mine were when I bought them. I had to do a little makeover on them, which I posted about here: http://31diy.blogspot.com/2010/08/thrifty-find-dollar-store-birds.html

Best,
Lauren

 
At October 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Simple Daisy said...

Love it! Very cute:)

 
At October 4, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mary. This is so cute and I love it all lit up. Great job.

Hugs...Tracy :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home