Welcome To The 78th Masterpiece Monday!

Ahoy!
I decided to make a nautical tablescape in honor of the upcoming 4th of July holiday.

My Hubby found this life preserver out by the curb. I thought I'd spuce it up to use for some future craft project. I cut off the old canvas straps, scrubbed it really well and spray painted it white.
See the before pic? It was pretty shabby, and not in a good way.
For now I'm leaving it plain to use in the background, but I really want to think up something else for it later on.

Anywho, it inspired the nautical 4th of July theme.
All of the stripped and red lobster themed tableware came from GW, as a set in this big bucket.

Pretty much everything else came from GW too!
I hand painted the burlap flag runner, sitting on the side table,  last year. I just used regular acrylic paint, super easy!


I used a flameless candle so I could add the flags to my votive holder. 


I'm linking this week to Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors


Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Most of all, have fun!






..: Welcome To The 78th Masterpiece Monday!

Saturday, June 23

Welcome To The 78th Masterpiece Monday!

Ahoy!
I decided to make a nautical tablescape in honor of the upcoming 4th of July holiday.

My Hubby found this life preserver out by the curb. I thought I'd spuce it up to use for some future craft project. I cut off the old canvas straps, scrubbed it really well and spray painted it white.
See the before pic? It was pretty shabby, and not in a good way.
For now I'm leaving it plain to use in the background, but I really want to think up something else for it later on.

Anywho, it inspired the nautical 4th of July theme.
All of the stripped and red lobster themed tableware came from GW, as a set in this big bucket.

Pretty much everything else came from GW too!
I hand painted the burlap flag runner, sitting on the side table,  last year. I just used regular acrylic paint, super easy!


I used a flameless candle so I could add the flags to my votive holder. 


I'm linking this week to Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors


Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Most of all, have fun!






25 Comments:

At June 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love it all!The lobster bucket and napkins are perfect! I miss putting out my patriotic decor for summer. I really have to get on that!! The flags w/ the flameless candles is genius!

 
At June 23, 2012 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Heidi Lisa said...

Love it! Especially love the crab bucket! What is GW and do they still sell it?

 
At June 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fabulous tablescape, I love the nautical theme. Thanks also for hosting. Hugs,Marty

 
At June 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Love your holiday table decorations. Thanks for hosting. I had a mini holiday and visited a new (first time ever) vintage market. Burlap and chalk paint came home with me.

 
At June 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Robin said...

This is my kind of tablescape. In fact, you might think I copied you later in the week when I do my 4th of July/Lobster eatting table. I swear I've had it planned for weeks! Yours is the second post this week where someone "found" a life preserver! Are they just hanging out on curbs all over America waiting to be found by DIYers???

Robin
Robin Flies South

 
At June 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM , Blogger cairncottage said...

Oh, my goodness, Mary, you MUST come and help me decorate in this theme for my house!!! I am nautical nuts and I LOVE EVERY piece of decor and tableware you have here! The life preserver, the place mats, the netting, the sail boat the sand in glass bowl, the knotted rope!! I also love going to GW, so it is a double awesomeness, with so much being a great deal! It all went so well with 4th of July colors, too! Just beautiful1!!

Ann @ Cairn Cottage
http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

 
At June 24, 2012 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your nautical/patriotic theme! I pinned it to my 4th of July board.

 
At June 24, 2012 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Beautiful patriotic tablescape with the perfect nautical accents:)Love the sailboat candle holder and all the pretty lobster tableware...nice touch! Thanks for inspiring and for hosting!Happy week ahead!Hugs,Poppy

 
At June 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM , Blogger chateau chic said...

Great 4th of July decor!! And thank you for hosting the party each week.
Mary Alice

 
At June 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

LOVE the July 4th Table. Look at all those details. What a fun table to have for the 4th. I just might use some of these ideas for my own cook-out. :)

Thanks as always for hosting your party.

Regards,
Barb

 
At June 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your holiday decor, Mary...so festive! Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

What a fabulous 4th Tablescape! Love all the accessories!

Thanks for hosting! :)

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love your tablescape! Love how you combined the nautical with the red, white, and blue. I usually skip 4th of July and go straight to my summer nautical decor, but you've given me easy ideas to change it out quickly. I'd love to know where you got the rope chargers as well. I'm thinking of making some, but I may not have time.

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Blogger spooks said...

This is fabulous, Mary. Love all the elements you used....D' Spooks

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it all, but especially the netting you put down on the table...it's perfect. Great idea to paint the life preserver. A perfect beachy and patriotic tablescape.

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM , Anonymous Erika @ HomesteadSimple.com said...

It's beautiful! I love it!! I would love to be your guest on the 4th! :)

 
At June 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

what a lovely combination of a beachy tablescape with the patriotic flavour.Loved those lobster tableware.

 
At June 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM , Blogger bj said...

You did an awesome job on this beautiful table.
Thanks for hosting.
xo bj

 
At June 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Mary!
Your post makes me crave the beach and some good ole seafood!!!
Have a very nice week.
Sherry

 
At June 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Vintage Street Designs said...

Thanks so much for hosting Mary! Love your 4th of July themed tablescape! Wish I could do the same but right now my dining room is my studio due to the heat of Arizona! So for now...I'll just enjoy your beautiful photos! :)

 
At June 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

This is my first time visiting your blog! Love your 4th of July /nautical table. I especially like the fish net! Very cute. I joined your party, thanks for hosting.

 
At June 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Hello, Summer is wonderful, thanks for hosting the party.
Kathy

 
At June 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Claudia Fabiana said...

I love what you have done with your patriotic table and decor! It's so very inspiring. And thanks for hosting...it's one of my FAVORITE linky parties!

ciao

 
At June 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Creations By Cindy said...

Love your table! Love how you used the fish net on the table! GREAT idea! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

 
At July 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Connie@shabbyforsure said...

I love how creative you are. Your table is beautiful...Connie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home