Welcome To The 73rd Masterpiece Monday!



Remember my recent post about my new free rug? I called it sisal, but it's really jute.  

Anywhoothe new rug inspired me to finally paint the coffee table.

It was a project I was going to do last Summer. Many of my "Summer" projects have turned into Fall, Winter and Spring projects! Let's see if I can finish them all up before it's Summer again. Heehee.





Wow, I wish I hadn't put it off! It looks sooo much better, eh?



 I used free paint from the recycling center. Behr bright white high gloss. The same paint I'm using to paint the kitchen. Yep.




I painted it in my craft room with the door closed, so no kitties would walk on it before it dried. 
I used three coats.



Then I hand sanded the edges with extra ruff sand paper to distress it. 













I'm joining White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage


Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines

Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Have fun!

..: Welcome To The 73rd Masterpiece Monday!

Saturday, May 19

Welcome To The 73rd Masterpiece Monday!



Remember my recent post about my new free rug? I called it sisal, but it's really jute.  

Anywhoothe new rug inspired me to finally paint the coffee table.

It was a project I was going to do last Summer. Many of my "Summer" projects have turned into Fall, Winter and Spring projects! Let's see if I can finish them all up before it's Summer again. Heehee.





Wow, I wish I hadn't put it off! It looks sooo much better, eh?



 I used free paint from the recycling center. Behr bright white high gloss. The same paint I'm using to paint the kitchen. Yep.




I painted it in my craft room with the door closed, so no kitties would walk on it before it dried. 
I used three coats.



Then I hand sanded the edges with extra ruff sand paper to distress it. 













I'm joining White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage


Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines

Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Have fun!

17 Comments:

At May 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Mary! It looks fabulous! You did a great job! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

 
At May 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Now Mary, that truly IS a masterpiece!

LOVE it - very very well done, ma'am!!

 
At May 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks amazing. I love the style and the size is wonderful. I also really love your rug. Hugs, Marty

 
At May 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

What a beautiful transformation! I love the size of your table and the pretty vignette on it... the white-washed clay coasters is a wonderful idea and looks so pretty with the cobalt glasses.... beautiful living room! Thanks for letting us take a peek and for the party. Have a great weekend!~Poppy

 
At May 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM , Blogger simple~needs said...

love the pitcher!! where did you get it??

 
At May 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM , Blogger The French Hutch said...

Beautiful, beautiful Mary. I love the coffee table painted white. It looks great on the rug. Love the beach vignette with the blues and and shells. Summer perfect! Thanks for hosting.

~Emily
The French Hutch

 
At May 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Painting and distressing your large coffee table and adding the jute rug made your sitting room so very inviting, so very relaxed and inviting. Thanks for hosting.

 
At May 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Heaven's Walk said...

LUV it, Mary!!! But then again....what doesn't look fabulous with a slap of white paint on it....? lol! Loved your white chili recipe, too! I pinned it so I can make it this summer! :)

xoxo laurie

 
At May 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow, what a difference. I love the new white color! You have inspired me. I have a long sofa table I bought at a yard sale for $20. Been going to paint it white since last Fall. I am doing it tomorrow! Thanks for the party.
Hugs,
Jann

 
At May 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Ohmygosh, Mary! I LOVE, love, love the coffee table! You did an outstanding job on the finish. It's distressed perfectly... in just the right places. I have a few pieces desperately in need of a makeover that I'd be more than happy to send your way. LOL Thanks so much for hosting another awesome Masterpiece Monday! Hope you have a great week! ~Mary

 
At May 21, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Your table is perfect in that room! Great job on it. Thanks for hosting this fun party! ~Zuni

 
At May 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Helen's Decor said...

Mary, your table looks fabulous...you'd never know it was ever anything but fabulous. I love it. I'm your newest Linky Follower and hope you will follow me there, too. I'm going to link to your great party. Thanks, Helen

 
At May 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Deb Hrabik said...

This is a great blog find! I love the water too.
I am your newest follower,
Deb @ LakeGirlPaints

 
At May 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The table looks stunning! We have one that was my husband's mothers. It's massive though, and I don't know where it will fit, unfortunately. It would look fabulous painted white, you've inspired me. I just hope it doesn't have to stay out in the barn for the next 10 years! Thanks for hosting, Marcia

 
At May 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Artsy VaVa said...

Your coffee table looks great! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

 
At May 23, 2012 at 2:24 AM , Anonymous Donna said...

Nice party
Thanks for hosting

 
At May 24, 2012 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Okio B Designs said...

Loving all your beachy touches! Looks like a wonderful room to sit back and relax in! And I can't believe I haven't been following you from my new blog. Well, I corrected that today!

Jeanine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home