A Beachy 4th of July Tablescape


I love the 4th of July.........
I used two table runners with this.

I also used some more of my old bottles.
One the the table runners, the star runner, is actually a scarf from the 99 Cent Store.
I found the shabby bird cage at GW.
I wrapped the old bottles with patriotic ribbon from Big Lot's, They had a pack of 6 different red, white and blue ribbon for 2 dollars. I had plenty left over too.
I love the star shaped ribbon.

The Blue Willow dishes were my mom's and we used them as everyday dishes when I was growing up.


I think using a "Milk of Magnesia" bottle to tablescape with is a little comical!

I made these wooden flags for another craft years ago and just decided to use them this way this year. It's hard to see, but they have glitter on them and look jazzy in the sun light.
The patriotic dish towels under the plates are from The Dollar Tree.
More blue bottle goodness.......
lot's of starfish.

The faux carnations were 25 cents a bunch at a thrift store, and I just pulled the flowers off of the stems to use.

Please visit Between Naps On The Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts.
Please visit Anything Goes Here for more Vintage 4th Of July Blog Party posts.
..: A Beachy 4th of July Tablescape

Tuesday, June 22

A Beachy 4th of July Tablescape


I love the 4th of July.........
I used two table runners with this.

I also used some more of my old bottles.
One the the table runners, the star runner, is actually a scarf from the 99 Cent Store.
I found the shabby bird cage at GW.
I wrapped the old bottles with patriotic ribbon from Big Lot's, They had a pack of 6 different red, white and blue ribbon for 2 dollars. I had plenty left over too.
I love the star shaped ribbon.

The Blue Willow dishes were my mom's and we used them as everyday dishes when I was growing up.


I think using a "Milk of Magnesia" bottle to tablescape with is a little comical!

I made these wooden flags for another craft years ago and just decided to use them this way this year. It's hard to see, but they have glitter on them and look jazzy in the sun light.
The patriotic dish towels under the plates are from The Dollar Tree.
More blue bottle goodness.......
lot's of starfish.

The faux carnations were 25 cents a bunch at a thrift store, and I just pulled the flowers off of the stems to use.

Please visit Between Naps On The Porch for more Tablescape Thursday posts.
Please visit Anything Goes Here for more Vintage 4th Of July Blog Party posts.

27 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Another delightful table runner. Did you stamp this one too! And it so happens that your starfish runner is featured today on my blog.

 
At June 24, 2010 at 3:31 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Hurray for the Red, White & Blue! Love the Whimsy of the Milk of Magnesia Bottle & Flags in the Birdcage :-)

 
At June 24, 2010 at 4:08 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

Looks cute, I love everything red, white and blue-enjoy!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

So cute! I like the Milk of Magnesia bottle for all those who over indulge :)

Donna

 
At June 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Tricia said...

Those blue bottles are wonderful! LOL about using the one from Milk of Magnesia! Your table is so pretty and festive -- what fun for the Fourth!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

I just love your blue bottles. Great setting for the 4th!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Bill said...

Wonderful patriotic table! So imaginative, and I love the way you've created a lavish mood in a frugal manner. Your mom's blue willow plates are perfect and are a nicely sentimental choice. Like others who've left comments, the Milk of Magnesia bottle was probably my favorite element -- great fun!

Bill

 
At June 24, 2010 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Marigene said...

Great red, white and blue table!

 
At June 24, 2010 at 2:51 PM , Blogger The Style Sisters said...

Love this! Those blue bottles are amazing!!

 
At June 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Nancat said...

I just ran across your blog and fell in love. It's so easy to look at and your ideas are terrific. I'm a 63 yr. G-Ma living in So Cal with hubby and my two cute kitties and plan on returning to your blog often ! I love the red, white and blue ! You did a terrific and thanks for the detail on each item !

 
At June 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Gracie's Cottage said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 29, 2010 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Gracie's Cottage said...

Pass the sunscreen and the lemonade...I want to come to your party; it's all delightful!
Enjoy the 4th!
Jan

 
At June 29, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Blogger ★Carol★ said...

There's lots of fun to be had at that table! I love the runner, and the Blue Willow plates, and the Milk of Magnesia bottle is a really great touch!
Happy 4th!
Carol~~Old Glory Cottage

 
At June 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Blogger anythinggoeshere said...

Love the color of the old bottles! Now your link works! Thanks for joining the party! xo Joan@anythinggoeshere

 
At June 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, the Milk of Magesia bottle is awesome! Your table is perfect for the 4th or any patriotic celebration. I used my blue willow plates last year on the 4th. I like the little unexpected touch for a summer table.
Thanks for sharing your table, and Happy 4th of July! ~ Sarah

 
At June 29, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Blogger The Charm of Home said...

Wonderful table! Love the colors they pop. I have a clear vintage bottle in my table that is also Magnesium Citrate. LOL
Have a great 4th!
Sherry

 
At June 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Debbie~ said...

Fab table, what a treat it must be to sit at your table on the 4th. of July, how festive! Thank you so much for sharing your red, white & blue with us! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

 
At June 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh just dreaming... Can I come to your house for the 4th? ha ha
Everything looks wonderful and I love the pictures of your cutie cats!
Happy 4th to you and yours!
Leticia

 
At June 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Geralyn Gray said...

i love how you set the table for everyone Happy fourth of July!!!

 
At June 30, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a great table! It looks so inviting. So I'm going to invite myself over! What's for dinner? LOL I can bring potato salad and blackberry lemonade. :)

 
At July 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Tardevil said...

Lovely table. Especially like the frugal elements. It is funny putting a Milk of Mag bottle on the table. :) Love the blue of the bottles. The blue willow w/ the red plates is a nice touch.

 
At July 2, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love, love your blue bottles. I love old bottles myself. You have created a fantastic table for entertaining for the 4th holiday.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Thanks for sharing
Michele

 
At July 2, 2010 at 12:05 PM , Blogger HoosierHomemade said...

Very cool! We are heading to the beach this wkend, I might just have to use some of your ideas!
I'd love for you to link up to the 4th of July party over at my other blog, It's A Blog Party. I host a different linky party everyday!
http://itsablogparty.com/fourth-of-july-party/
Happy 4th!
~Liz

 
At July 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Fabulously fun for the fourth!!!!!

Happy Independence day!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

 
At July 3, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Gayle said...

Perfect, perfect. Love the blue bottles. I'm going to go get mine out.

 
At July 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the bottles...everything looks so PERFECT...check out the Giveaway at A Baby Changes Everything

Have a safe and happy Fourth. Celebrate America
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

 
At July 4, 2010 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Kristal said...

Your post is really making me want to pull out all my blue dishes that are packed away...*sigh* the bad side of living in a rental, too little space!! Really enjoyed all the wonderful little details!

~♥~
Kristal

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home