More Holiday Decorating With Burlap And Sparkly Pipe Cleaners

I made some no-sew Christmas stockings with my beloved hot glue gun.
I found these at the dollar store when I was searching for some white Christmas stockings.
I thought they were pretty cute,
but do you think that I could
leave well enough alone?
Nope.

 I wanted to tie them into my beach themed Christmas I'm creating this year.
 I cut the burlap I had so that at least one end
had the non fray-able edge to it and placed that edge at the top.
I hot glued it on first. I then took this already finished piece of fabric and lace that I found at a yard sale and hot glued it over the fray-able bottom edge of the burlap. 

 I cut out a seahorse on felt using a stencil. I hot glued the seahorse, some shells and some silver pipe cleaners for the monogram and seahorse eye.

If I wasn't using a beach theme, I probably could have cut out a snowman shape and glued on white buttons instead of the shells. There are so many ways to go with this, angels and feathers would be super cute too.   


Linked to:

http://www.finecraftguild.com/





 





..: More Holiday Decorating With Burlap And Sparkly Pipe Cleaners

Friday, November 12

More Holiday Decorating With Burlap And Sparkly Pipe Cleaners

I made some no-sew Christmas stockings with my beloved hot glue gun.
I found these at the dollar store when I was searching for some white Christmas stockings.
I thought they were pretty cute,
but do you think that I could
leave well enough alone?
Nope.

 I wanted to tie them into my beach themed Christmas I'm creating this year.
 I cut the burlap I had so that at least one end
had the non fray-able edge to it and placed that edge at the top.
I hot glued it on first. I then took this already finished piece of fabric and lace that I found at a yard sale and hot glued it over the fray-able bottom edge of the burlap. 

 I cut out a seahorse on felt using a stencil. I hot glued the seahorse, some shells and some silver pipe cleaners for the monogram and seahorse eye.

If I wasn't using a beach theme, I probably could have cut out a snowman shape and glued on white buttons instead of the shells. There are so many ways to go with this, angels and feathers would be super cute too.   


Linked to:

http://www.finecraftguild.com/





 





25 Comments:

At November 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Blondie's Journal said...

These are just too cute and lovable. Nicely done!! :-)

XO,
Jane

 
At November 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So beautiful stockings!

Hugs
Charo

 
At November 13, 2010 at 2:16 AM , Blogger Patti's Artful Design said...

Very cute.....I love these!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Sue said...

I totally LOVE what you did with the stockings. I'm rather fond of the beach myself, so of course I feel in love with your stockings. So clever!

Take care ,Sue

 
At November 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

These are cool!!!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 2:45 PM , Blogger greatdecoratingideas.com said...

These are super neat! Great idea!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 4:53 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I see these stockings around but have never thought of transforming them-you did a wonderful job!!!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

These are so charming!!! Love the burlap with the white!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

How cute! Love that burlap and white trim! Linda

 
At November 14, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Paula@SweetPea said...

Adorable! The combination of burlap, white, and silver is very attractive.

 
At November 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Blogger One Cheap B*tch said...

Sooooo cute!

Jeanine

 
At November 15, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Noble Vintage said...

so cute. I love your style! Found you through Make it 4 Monday. I am your newest follower :)

 
At November 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

These are super cute!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

 
At November 16, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Burlap and lace - what a beautiful combination!

 
At November 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

They are fabulous!!! Why can't I think of doing stuff like that? I may not be very creative, but I can copy. So I may just do that. If you don't mind. But I wouldn't do the beach thing.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Blogger cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

This is so great, what a wonderful imagination.

come visit
cindy@stitches

 
At November 18, 2010 at 4:06 AM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Look how much better you made those! Thanks for sharing this at the party!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 5:02 AM , Blogger Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Great idea. My beach bumming children would love them. ~~Sherry

 
At November 18, 2010 at 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the perfect beach house stockings....so well done...

Take care,
Lisa

 
At November 19, 2010 at 5:00 AM , Blogger Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

Adorable! I love the "no sew" part!! I bet they will look awesome in your cottage!

 
At November 19, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

What a beautiful stockings. Keep up the lovely work! Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you'll stop by and enter my giveaway.

 
At November 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

I adore these!! I don't live on the beach but I love the idea of incorporating a beachy theme to Christmas.
Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

 
At November 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

I love your little stockings! The burlap just looks so great against the white and it is perfect for a beachy theme.

 
At November 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Quiltpiecer said...

Very creative ... enjoyed the post! Came by way of Thrifty Thursday ... thanks for sharing!

 
At November 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Cyndy said...

hmmm...Out of all the items Im selling from the store, my storage and more I sell a boat load, box lot of burlap stockings. They were vintage primitive. O MAN! Now Im sad I did as I love the look.

Cyndy's BEACH HOUSE
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Cyndys-BEACH-HOUSE

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home