Tablescape Thursday

I've been on the look out for an old tattered tray and finally found this one at GW for a couple of dollars.

 I decided to make an early Spring time table scape, using it as part of the centerpiece.
 I bought some flowers from Home Depot and re-potted them in some of my milk glass vases, and added a lot of moss. It was pretty easy!
 I topped my heirloom tablecloth with some burlap.


 The yellow plates are called Emma and marked Pottery Barn, but they were free from Freecycle, as I've mentioned previously on other posts.
 The little milk glass plates are from GW.



This little plant is called a snowflake plant, It's going in one of the pots on our front porch soon.
The rest of the flowers I've been moving around the house, they smell so beautiful!
white Hyacinth......
white tulips.......
daffodils.......
They're fun to group together, like a little indoor garden.

Wreath, nest, milk glass pedestal, green platter and mercury glass votives are all from GW!
Did I mention how much I love Goodwill?
Vintage Bible, Hymnal and other books I found yard saleing....






I hope you're having a great week and stop by and visit Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch :O)
..: Tablescape Thursday

Wednesday, February 16

Tablescape Thursday

I've been on the look out for an old tattered tray and finally found this one at GW for a couple of dollars.

 I decided to make an early Spring time table scape, using it as part of the centerpiece.
 I bought some flowers from Home Depot and re-potted them in some of my milk glass vases, and added a lot of moss. It was pretty easy!
 I topped my heirloom tablecloth with some burlap.


 The yellow plates are called Emma and marked Pottery Barn, but they were free from Freecycle, as I've mentioned previously on other posts.
 The little milk glass plates are from GW.



This little plant is called a snowflake plant, It's going in one of the pots on our front porch soon.
The rest of the flowers I've been moving around the house, they smell so beautiful!
white Hyacinth......
white tulips.......
daffodils.......
They're fun to group together, like a little indoor garden.

Wreath, nest, milk glass pedestal, green platter and mercury glass votives are all from GW!
Did I mention how much I love Goodwill?
Vintage Bible, Hymnal and other books I found yard saleing....






I hope you're having a great week and stop by and visit Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch :O)

17 Comments:

At February 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Mary,
I'm in love with your beautiful centerpiece...what a great THRIFTY tray!

Blessings,
Linda

 
At February 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Mary...

What a gorgeous table, my friend! I love how you potted all those beautiful flowers in your milk glass! It's like a breath of fresh air...there IS hope that spring will arrive one of these days! I love your thrifted tray...it makes the perfect foundation for your lovely centerpiece! Love your place settings too! Everything just looks sooo pretty! Thank you for sharing your beautiful spring table with us...this was a real treat, my friend!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

 
At February 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, I love your tablescape, and I love the milk glass. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Lisa x

 
At February 17, 2011 at 2:35 AM , Blogger Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a sweet SPRING tablescape! Love all of your GW finds. Milk glass makes for such pretty vases...love it!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

That is the most beautiful tablescape I have ever seen. Your centerpiece is incredible and makes me yearn even more for spring. I love everything natural and this is just perfect. ~~Sherry~~

 
At February 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!..SRING IS HERE!..love this,it is so inviting. And your SPRING flowers and dishes has me longing too!
~Jo
Lazyonloblolly

 
At February 17, 2011 at 4:38 AM , Blogger Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Everything is so beautiful and springy! Love it all!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 5:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great Mary, Makes me feel like there is hope for spring....

Pattie

 
At February 17, 2011 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Sherry Hicks said...

I am not sure what I am more amazed about the beautiful tablescape and your amazing sense of style or the 5 dollar silver tray find.........Love it!
Sherry

 
At February 17, 2011 at 7:07 AM , Blogger High Street Cottage said...

Did I mention how much I love your blog?
Or how much I love this Centerpiece?
Or how gorgeous your dining room is?
Or how much the Centerpiece inspires me?
If not...
I do
I do
It is
It does
;) tami

 
At February 17, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Tricia said...

Oh, that centerpiece is just stunning! Your table looks ready for a Pottery Barn photo shoot! Now you've got me thinking how I can copy your idea!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Donnie said...

You brought spring right into you home. What a gorgeous tablescape.

 
At February 17, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger xinex said...

Your tablescape is so beautiful,Mary. It brings the freshness of spring and it sure is refreshing....Christine

 
At February 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous Olivia said...

I love the china and your flowers. Right now I have cyclamen, oxalis, and an orchid blooming, and they cheer me up during the winter.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your tablescape. Spring can't come fast enough!

 
At February 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Marigene said...

Mary, all those beautiful spring flowers are making me pray for an early spring this year...at least our snow has all melted, not that we may not get more, but at least it is gone for today...
I love the milk glass plates with the flowers...it still amazes me what can be found at Goodwill! Have a great week.

 
At February 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Angela McInnis said...

Oh, Mary...I love this tablescape! I have the same bunny green plate and am using it right now! LOVE, love, all of it!
Angela

http://amcinnisartworks.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home