While taking a picture of our avocado tree in our backyard, I noticed something else.
A humming bird's nest! With two precious babies inside, thier eyes not even opened yet.
The nest is so intricate with little pieces of leaves woven on the outside and pieces of lint lining it. Truly a miracle to see!
For my own masterpiece this week, I'm showing a couple of thrifty finds and adding them to a table scape.
I used my .50 cent tray from last week to display a new glass pitcher from GW.
Everything else I had already and hubby picked the rose for me from our yard.
I love the detail on this aluminum tray!
I stopped by a yard sale today and saw a box marked "free". After poking around a bit, I found two really cute owl candle holders. The inside candles were long burned out. So I just stuck a little votive candle inside and they're good as new!
Everything I used on the table, I already had on hand, the dishes....
and my favorite table cloth. The only exception was...........
My other great yard sale find this weekend was this vintage ice cream maker for $3.00! I decided to use it for the centerpiece. I gleaned some flowery branches from outside and added the remaining rununcula's from Trader Joe's.
Linking to Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
1. Please link to the specific post, not your blog!
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc.
3. Please include a brief description in link up.
4. Grab my Masterpiece Monday button on the sidebar and include it in your post or a link to Boogieboard Cottage so people can find you and more great ideas.
5. Please check and make sure your link works. If it doesn't you can delete it and try again.
6. Please no direct links to sales sites, i.e. ETSY or just a plain ol' commercial site, we are looking for your home made masterpieces we can recreate, thanks!
Have fun! Mary