Welcome To The 46th Masterpiece Monday!

Frugal Gift Wrapping With A Coastal Flair

Hi Everyone!

I hope you've had a nice weekend.  I've been doing a little Christmas crafting with maps.  As some of you may remember, I hit the mother load of free maps on Freecycle awhile back. I also scored some five sided pieces from an old geography game, from a yard sale. If you don't have any maps, I've seen them sold used, with the used books for sale at my library. Not that I think you live anywhere near my library, but maybe one near you has 'um. They were only 10 cents each! Can you even get ANY thing for 10 cents anymore?
 I made them coastal by using nautical maps for the stars glued to ocean game pieces for the tags.  Tying them up with twine and seashells. Finished off with a sprig of cypress picked from our yard.
   I used different maps of California to wrap the gifts in.
 These would be fun to do using maps from other States or Countries and decorating them in that theme.  The possibility's for customizing them are endless!


Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.

Have fun!


..: Welcome To The 46th Masterpiece Monday!

Sunday, November 13

Welcome To The 46th Masterpiece Monday!

Frugal Gift Wrapping With A Coastal Flair

Hi Everyone!

I hope you've had a nice weekend.  I've been doing a little Christmas crafting with maps.  As some of you may remember, I hit the mother load of free maps on Freecycle awhile back. I also scored some five sided pieces from an old geography game, from a yard sale. If you don't have any maps, I've seen them sold used, with the used books for sale at my library. Not that I think you live anywhere near my library, but maybe one near you has 'um. They were only 10 cents each! Can you even get ANY thing for 10 cents anymore?
 I made them coastal by using nautical maps for the stars glued to ocean game pieces for the tags.  Tying them up with twine and seashells. Finished off with a sprig of cypress picked from our yard.
   I used different maps of California to wrap the gifts in.
 These would be fun to do using maps from other States or Countries and decorating them in that theme.  The possibility's for customizing them are endless!


Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.

Have fun!


21 Comments:

At November 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

What beautiful and unique wrapping! :)

 
At November 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a beautiful and original idea for gift wrap, Mary! So pretty...and so thrifty! Happy Sunday!...hugs...Debbie

 
At November 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Custom Comforts said...

I love your wrapping paper. What a great idea and so original and keeping with where you live. I never seem to have the energy or time to wrap lovely gifts any more, but always enjoy seeing them and I do love yours!
Cindy

 
At November 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Thanks for hosting...I love your wrapping paper ideas.

 
At November 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Nancy's Daily Dish said...

These are adorable ideas!

 
At November 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

The gifts look soo beautiful!! Love the wrapping.
Thank you for another awesome party :)

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

 
At November 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Town and Country Gals said...

Mary,
I'm loving the map gift wrapping, it's all really lovely! Great idea! Thanks so much for featuring me this week, it was very exciting to see my "turkey"! Love partying with you!
Rebecca

 
At November 14, 2011 at 3:15 AM , Blogger n*stitches said...

I love the map gift wrap! Thanks for much for hosting the linky party! i am your newest follower! Please stop by and say hi sometime!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 6:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful, thoughtful gift tags!
Love that they are coastal!

Happy Monday-

Linda
Sand and Sea

 
At November 14, 2011 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love those packages!! Thanks for hosting this linky party!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Claudia Fabiana said...

I love this look for wrapping...so cute.

Hey, I featured you today on my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ciao-Newport-Beach-Blog/273145579396628?ref=tn_tinyman

 
At November 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Claudia Fabiana said...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ciao-Newport-Beach-Blog/273145579396628

Here's the link

 
At November 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Completely Coastal said...

Love your gift wrap with the maps and stars!!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Noble Vintage said...

thanks so much for hosting! I love the pink maps :) they are such a great medium to work with, aren't they? Our local library has a thrift shop right when you walk in the door, and I am always scouring their map file for fun stuff like this! Fabulous!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I don't remember seeing all the pics of Hilda on your sidebar before...just one or two. They are so cute and funny! I'm wondering how I missed them if they've always been there!

Have a great week!

Nancy

 
At November 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Daliana Pacuraru said...

Thank you for hosting! My best regards from Romania!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Those map gift tags are seriously cute!

Thank you for hosting your party each week. I love posting here.

You’ve helped to inspire me to start my own Friday FREE-FOR-ALL Linky Party. It’s still open if you want to drop by and help a brand new Linky Party get off the ground.

It’s at http://www.cookingatcafed.com/2011/11/friday-free-for-all-linky-party.html

All the best,
Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D

 
At November 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Heaven's Walk said...

You are such a creative girl, Mary! I just adore this idea! So fresh and unique! :)

xoxo laurie

 
At November 15, 2011 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Jacqueline said...

I LOVE the maps for wrapping paper!!! So cute :)

 
At November 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Lara Harris said...

Beautiful wrapping!

 
At November 16, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Ela @ Scrapidoodlelicious.blogspot.com said...

I love it. Great idea. Very creative!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home