Welcome To The 48th Masterpiece Monday!



Hello! 
I hope everyone had a great Turkey day! Ours was wonderful as always.
This post is about my laundry hamper and a tour of my Christmas tree! 

 Yep, I actually used my laundry hamper for my Christmas tree base, why not?
I really like the pictures I've seen of using large urns, zinc tubs and clay pots. But this was the only container I had that was large enough.  But you know what? I'm really liking it!
 I weighed down the inside with canned goods, so it's really stable. Here is my seahorse tree skirt I made last year. I like it much better with the wicker basket rather than just hiding the sad little plastic tree stand legs.
 And in keeping with my "Joy To The World" theme, I made some paper chains out of maps. Whew-wee, I've got a lot of maps to use up!
 Here are this years paper map chains mingled with last years mermaids.




 I also clipped pictures out of Coastal Living Magazine and added them to dollar store frames last year.





 I decorated "Old Rusty" too, I also made these beachy Christmas Stockings last year. Wow, I was a crafting machine last year!







I used my noel candle holder this year for a nativity scene.


Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.

Have fun!

..: Welcome To The 48th Masterpiece Monday!

Saturday, November 26

Welcome To The 48th Masterpiece Monday!



Hello! 
I hope everyone had a great Turkey day! Ours was wonderful as always.
This post is about my laundry hamper and a tour of my Christmas tree! 

 Yep, I actually used my laundry hamper for my Christmas tree base, why not?
I really like the pictures I've seen of using large urns, zinc tubs and clay pots. But this was the only container I had that was large enough.  But you know what? I'm really liking it!
 I weighed down the inside with canned goods, so it's really stable. Here is my seahorse tree skirt I made last year. I like it much better with the wicker basket rather than just hiding the sad little plastic tree stand legs.
 And in keeping with my "Joy To The World" theme, I made some paper chains out of maps. Whew-wee, I've got a lot of maps to use up!
 Here are this years paper map chains mingled with last years mermaids.




 I also clipped pictures out of Coastal Living Magazine and added them to dollar store frames last year.





 I decorated "Old Rusty" too, I also made these beachy Christmas Stockings last year. Wow, I was a crafting machine last year!







I used my noel candle holder this year for a nativity scene.


Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.

Have fun!

22 Comments:

At November 26, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Deb said...

Hi - love your blog and thought I would join in with my recipe. I am new at this linking up thing and don't know how to link back. Deb

 
At November 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How pretty, Mary! I love the mercury glass ornaments! Your tree is beautiful! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

 
At November 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Anonymous Diana said...

Beautiful photo's of a beautiful tree. I particularly love the summer scenes in the dollar store frames, probably because we celebrate Christmas at the height of summer and it is very hard to buy summer Christmas ornaments.
Blessings
Diana

 
At November 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the whole theme, the white tree and the shells and the pictures! It looks fantastic, I've been wanting to do something completely different than the same old green tree I put up every year!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 9:16 PM , Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

It looks great! I love all the white on white & natural elements. Looks beautiful.
CAS

 
At November 27, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your laundry basket is perfect! Love all your coastal decorating and those DS frames are a great idea for the tree.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love those mermaid ornaments!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger beachcomber said...

absolutely beautiful christmas decorating!! love it all.
thanks for hosting today!
x

 
At November 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your tree is so beautiful, and very creative. Thanks for hosting.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 3:11 PM , Blogger The Charm of Home said...

Mary,
I love your seaside tree! The map wrapping paper is great! Love it! Thanks for having us over!
Sherry

 
At November 27, 2011 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Honey at 2805 said...

Your seaside tree is so creative! It makes me want to move.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Judy @ In His Grip said...

Your sea shore themed Christmas is awesome. I really like the scriptures you used too.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your white tree is so lovely! I love all of the darling seashore decor you made. Using the laundry basket was a great idea. Thanks for letting us share.

 
At November 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Your tree and Christmas decorations are beautiful. Love the seashore theme. The idea of using the basket worked perfectly. Makes me think I should put our tree in an urn or something similar. Thanks for hosting. ~ Sarah

 
At November 28, 2011 at 5:35 AM , Anonymous Erin of salvaged Whimsy said...

I love your tree in the laundry basket!! At first, I expected that it would look out of proportion, but when I saw a picture of the whole thing, it looks beautiful. I love your beachy/Joy to the world-inspired Christmas decor - so fresh and airy, but also so Christmas-y!
Thanks for hosting, take care!

 
At November 28, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your Christmas decorations are beautiful. I love the beach theme!

Dee

 
At November 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I am really liking all the solid white trees I'm seeing but this one is awesome! I LOVE themed trees (or rooms, etc.) and think this is so creative and so nicely decorated. The map garland is too cute!

Nancy

 
At November 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Scribbler said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the great idea -- stabilizing the tree with canned goods. I am using the top part of a large older tree in my kitchen, and I have been trying to figure out how to make it stay put!

I am bookmarking this post to come back to a few hundred times for inspiration!

ETS

 
At November 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Richard Cottrell said...

I love it, I just found you by way of Ms. Fabby. I am your newest follower and I hope you will drop by and see me. Thanks, Richard from My Old Historic House.

 
At November 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Your beachy Christmas vignettes are a refreshing change of pace. Simply divine!

 
At November 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your Christmas Tree is Beautiful I also love the vintage look. you did a lovely job putting this all together. I would link to thank you so much for having your linky party. I have your button on my blog now.
XXOO Diane

 
At December 1, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Found your blog via Sally Lee by the Sea's Linky Party, you were the last to post before me! :) Lovely blog and have added you to my Google Reader.

~Tiffany
ARTSEA CHIC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home