Tablescape Thursday-Cinco De Mayo
























I decided to set the patio table this time, to get a picture of my Mexican fire pot in the back round. I hung striped paper lanterns from the 99 Cent Store and paired them with tissue paper pompoms I made myself. I picked roses, bougainvillea, and geraniums, and grouped them with cactus. I picked avocados off of our tree and added faux and real fruit. The Mexican blankets I bought years ago in Mexico, and we use them at the beach as well. The flat wear is vintage and the dishes are from Target several years ago. The red glasses and blue glass candle holders are from Big Lot's years ago and the linen napkins and tall candle holders are from Freecycle. The glass pebble candle holders are from yard sales and they remind me of stained glass windows. You can click on any pictures to enlarge.

Please visit our lovely hostess, Susan at Between Naps On The Porch to view all of the very creative Tablescape Thursday posts! http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Labels:

..: Tablescape Thursday-Cinco De Mayo

Thursday, April 23

Tablescape Thursday-Cinco De Mayo
























I decided to set the patio table this time, to get a picture of my Mexican fire pot in the back round. I hung striped paper lanterns from the 99 Cent Store and paired them with tissue paper pompoms I made myself. I picked roses, bougainvillea, and geraniums, and grouped them with cactus. I picked avocados off of our tree and added faux and real fruit. The Mexican blankets I bought years ago in Mexico, and we use them at the beach as well. The flat wear is vintage and the dishes are from Target several years ago. The red glasses and blue glass candle holders are from Big Lot's years ago and the linen napkins and tall candle holders are from Freecycle. The glass pebble candle holders are from yard sales and they remind me of stained glass windows. You can click on any pictures to enlarge.

Please visit our lovely hostess, Susan at Between Naps On The Porch to view all of the very creative Tablescape Thursday posts! http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Labels:

20 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the Cinco De-Mayo theme. You have done such a beautiful job of capturing the flavor of Mexico. Your yard is lovely and every single item you've used is fantastic. Great job. Hugs, Marty

 
At April 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM , Blogger SouthernGal said...

Arrrrrriaba! Muey Bueno! Love this table. Let the party begin!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

 
At April 29, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Sonia said...

HOLA! I love your table...so pretty and festive, the mexican blanket is perfect and the colors are wonderful. Great tablescape!
Muchas Gracias, Sonia/Miss Bloomers

 
At April 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! Oh, I love your table! So bright and cherry! Now I must say, I think I need your dishes! They're just the cutest things.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At April 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

But a beautiful, festive table. I love the glasses with the colored bobbles!!

 
At April 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Joyce said...

Colors are so vibrant and fun so let's party:)
Joyce

 
At April 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM , Blogger susan said...

This looks like the real deal!! I am so envious of your picking an avocado off your own tree. Is that a monk I spy overseeing all of this? :)

 
At April 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Scribbler said...

These are great pix -- so colorful and festive.

Scribbler

 
At April 29, 2009 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Martha said...

What a great table!

 
At April 30, 2009 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Oh what a colorful and fun table!

 
At April 30, 2009 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Bridget said...

Oh this is just gorgeous. Fiesta time!

 
At April 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Sofia Striffler said...

Love the Cinco De Mayo party. It is a great summer feel in the garden. Beautiful

 
At April 30, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

EVERYTHING looks GREAT!!! BEAUTIFUL space for a party! LOVE all the FUN colour!

 
At April 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Let's party!!! Fabulous tablescape. I had forgotten Cinco de Mayo was next week. Thanks for the reminder. The colors look great in your tablescape. Thanks for sharing.

 
At April 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Dream Mom said...

What a fun table! Beautiful colors!

 
At May 1, 2009 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Lori (All That Splatters) said...

You went full-tilt on the Mexican theme and it turned out perfect! Everything is fabulous. Beautiful tablescape!

 
At May 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Very festive.....
I love your tablescape.....and those dishes...so cute

Happy May Day....hope it has been a beautiful day for you

 
At May 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a great idea to do Cinco de Mayo! Love the bright colors!

Katherine

 
At May 3, 2009 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

What a delightfully whimsical outdoor tablescape you've created! As an ardent gardener, I really appreciated this!
Brenda
http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
http://viewfromthepines.com

 
At May 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

This is the perfect tablescape for a fiesta!
From the Mexican blanket table cloth to the dishes and decor. Everything was an invitation to a wonderful celebration.

I made mini sombreros pinata party favors. Unfortunately I didn't have time to post them.
Maybe in the summer when we finally get sunshine I can create this type of party theme. I would love to include your tablescape.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home