Tablescape Thursday In Memory Of My Mom















This weeks tablescape is dedicated to the memory of my mother, Annella. I don't know where I would have been without her. She adopted me when I was 2 days old. She loved me and took care of me. She took me to church every Sunday. She prayed with me every single night at bed time, kissed me good night and said "I love you", without fail. She volunteered at school functions and helped with Girl Scouts. She bought me a closet full of pretty dresses, while she rarely ever bought herself any new clothes. She was the most unselfish person I ever knew. She also had a great sense of humor and my friends all adored her. I miss her so much, especially during certain times of the year such as Mother's day. God so very, very blessed me by choosing her to be my mom, and I'm so grateful to the Lord, because I know He''ll let me see her again someday.

The dishes that I set were some of my mom's favorite everyday dishes when I was growing up. The pink glass is part of a set that was displayed in our dining room when I was growing up as well. The baby in the picture is me with my wonderful mom.



I would like to thank Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for always hosting Tablescape Thursday. Please click on the link: http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ to view all of the very talented tablescapes. :O)

Labels:

..: Tablescape Thursday In Memory Of My Mom

Wednesday, May 6

Tablescape Thursday In Memory Of My Mom















This weeks tablescape is dedicated to the memory of my mother, Annella. I don't know where I would have been without her. She adopted me when I was 2 days old. She loved me and took care of me. She took me to church every Sunday. She prayed with me every single night at bed time, kissed me good night and said "I love you", without fail. She volunteered at school functions and helped with Girl Scouts. She bought me a closet full of pretty dresses, while she rarely ever bought herself any new clothes. She was the most unselfish person I ever knew. She also had a great sense of humor and my friends all adored her. I miss her so much, especially during certain times of the year such as Mother's day. God so very, very blessed me by choosing her to be my mom, and I'm so grateful to the Lord, because I know He''ll let me see her again someday.

The dishes that I set were some of my mom's favorite everyday dishes when I was growing up. The pink glass is part of a set that was displayed in our dining room when I was growing up as well. The baby in the picture is me with my wonderful mom.



I would like to thank Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for always hosting Tablescape Thursday. Please click on the link: http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ to view all of the very talented tablescapes. :O)

Labels:

21 Comments:

At May 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Melissa Marie said...

That is so very touching. What beautiful memories you have of your Mother... and what a beautiful name, Annella. God Bless.

 
At May 7, 2009 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Sonia said...

I love the tribute to your Mother...and what a beautiful tablesetting! The photo college of your Mom is just precious! What a lovely post.
Sonia/Miss Bloomers

 
At May 7, 2009 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

wonderful post and table in memory of your mom! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

 
At May 7, 2009 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Scribbler said...

What a wonderful story you have, and it is so sweet that you honored your mother in this way.

Scribbler

 
At May 7, 2009 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Chandy said...

I love your post... What a lovely mom you got to love and who loved you! Your table is a great tribut to her!

 
At May 7, 2009 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very sweet post to honor your mom. Tablescape is lovely!

 
At May 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your love for your mother brought tears to my eyes. My mom is gone and I too look forward to the day when we will be together again!

 
At May 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This just really touched me..., my mother just passed away two days ago and I'm preparing to go to Switzerland for the funeral... All the best.

 
At May 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You brought tears to my eyes with your tribute to your mom. Just beautiful! Blood does not make a mom, love makes a mom. And you can tell your mom loved you & you loved your mom. Makes me smile!

 
At May 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a sweet sweet post for your wonderful mama! You've presented us with a beautiful table for Mothers day and I so enjoyed your words about your mother.

 
At May 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Mary...this is sooo sweet and wonderful! I know you were as big a blessing to your Mom as she was to you! Susan

 
At May 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I love all your sweet kitty babies on your sidebar...makes me smile just to see them. :-)

 
At May 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Your words really resonated with me.
My mom has passed also.... I miss so many things about her, especially the hours spent together, laughing and talking. We loved cooking and crafting. Mothers Day has such mixed emotions for me. Thanks for sharing your sweet memories of your mom. We were so blessed to have had such wonderful woman in our lives.

sweet wishes,
Sara

 
At May 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Blondie's Journal said...

Your tablescape is absolutely lovely and must bring back so many cherished memories. I love the tribute to your mother, she was a wonderful person.

I hope you enjoy Mother's Day. I will be missing my mother as well.

xoxo
Jane

 
At May 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Such a lovely tribute to your mother.
Happy Mother's Day to you

 
At May 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Joyce said...

Your post brings tears to my eyes. Wonderful tribute to a beautiful Mom. Happy Mother's day to you.
Joyce

 
At May 10, 2009 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Foley said...

What a special tribute to your Mother - the tablescape is beautiful!

 
At May 10, 2009 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

I am so glad you joined Foley for her Mother's Day Tribute..and you a did a wonderful job. We were so blessed to have good mom's and the memories are with us always..To your Mom!

 
At May 10, 2009 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Suzy said...

How sweet that you set the table for your Mom. The plates are so very cheery! I do see the love in her eyes in the photo of her holding you :-) Great post.

 
At May 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM , Blogger SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That is such a sweet post! You were loved :)

 
At May 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

What a precious post...such a lovely tribute to your mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home