Metamorphosis Monday , Blue Monday and Thrifty Treasures Monday


Please visit Susan at her blog, Between Naps On The Porch, for Metamorphosis Monday! :O)
Please visit Sally at her blog, Smiling Sally, for Blue Monday! :O)
Please visit Rhoda at her blog, Southern Hospitality, for Thrifty Treasures Monday! :O)

These are some before pictures of what the California Santa Ana winds can do to canvas.




And this......
And this!


We took off the torn canvas and waited awhile and tried to decide what the frugal thing to do would be? Buying a new cover would be expensive, so would making one. One Saturday, we were cleaning the garage and I came upon a gigantic collection of Christmas lights. Then I thought of the ending scene in Twilight, where Edward and Bella are slow dancing outside at the prom in this gazebo covered in twinkling lights, I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going with this?

Well it's not exactly set up for dancing, but it is set up for us to enjoy the patio during the up coming warm Summer evenings. Please notice the "custom" ceiling fan, Hehe!
Very twinklie and free using what we already own!
I decorated the table in honor of the 4th of July and added my grandmothers antique chairs.
You don't need much to have fun in your own backyard. I put out a 6 pack of soda for $1.00 from Grocery Outlet and a deck of cards I've had forever and we had a really nice time!













Labels: ,

..: Metamorphosis Monday , Blue Monday and Thrifty Treasures Monday

Saturday, June 27

Metamorphosis Monday , Blue Monday and Thrifty Treasures Monday


Please visit Susan at her blog, Between Naps On The Porch, for Metamorphosis Monday! :O)
Please visit Sally at her blog, Smiling Sally, for Blue Monday! :O)
Please visit Rhoda at her blog, Southern Hospitality, for Thrifty Treasures Monday! :O)

These are some before pictures of what the California Santa Ana winds can do to canvas.




And this......
And this!


We took off the torn canvas and waited awhile and tried to decide what the frugal thing to do would be? Buying a new cover would be expensive, so would making one. One Saturday, we were cleaning the garage and I came upon a gigantic collection of Christmas lights. Then I thought of the ending scene in Twilight, where Edward and Bella are slow dancing outside at the prom in this gazebo covered in twinkling lights, I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going with this?

Well it's not exactly set up for dancing, but it is set up for us to enjoy the patio during the up coming warm Summer evenings. Please notice the "custom" ceiling fan, Hehe!
Very twinklie and free using what we already own!
I decorated the table in honor of the 4th of July and added my grandmothers antique chairs.
You don't need much to have fun in your own backyard. I put out a 6 pack of soda for $1.00 from Grocery Outlet and a deck of cards I've had forever and we had a really nice time!













Labels: ,

24 Comments:

At June 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

How cute & thrifty! I had to chuckle at the ceiling fan. I'm sure the twinkling lights are pretty though. And oh yeah, I remember Shasta drinks all too well.

 
At June 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Nicole A. said...

It looks beautiful! Those lights look Great! I love me some shasta, used to me one of my favorites unfortunately I can't find it aorund here anymore.

 
At June 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM , Blogger ★Carol★ said...

Can I please come hang out on your patio?!? I love what you did with the lights--it turned out fabulous, and anything tied in with Twilight is ok by me! Grandma's chairs are gorgeous too!

 
At June 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM , Blogger PAT said...

I had forgotten about Shasta! I love your thrifty solution of twinkling lights.

 
At June 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Susie Q said...

Now WHY did I never think of doing a 'custom' ceiling fan like that when I actually had a covered patio? Sheer genius. Actually, if you can paint it black, that would really recede it. Or whatever color would blend with that....great job!

 
At June 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Kammy said...

I love your ceiling fan ! It is so unique, LOL ! Love all your red, white and blue !
So patriotic ! I am working on this too , this week !
Hugs ~ Kammy

 
At June 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Gwen said...

That Shasta Diet is my favorite diet coke out there:)

I love the lights and remember the Santa Ana's well. Not only did they destroy thing in our yard, but they always made my allergies go nuts.

 
At June 28, 2009 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great finds! Love the lights and I miss my shasta black cherry soda!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

 
At June 28, 2009 at 8:34 PM , Blogger susan said...

My husband would love this!! He wants to put twinkle lights in all trees all year round!

 
At June 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

Looks like you are ready to celebrate the 4th!

 
At June 29, 2009 at 4:18 AM , Blogger Knitty said...

You are very clever!

 
At June 29, 2009 at 6:57 AM , Blogger SmilingSally said...

Those winds are nasty! You're all ready to celebrate the big weekend. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

 
At June 29, 2009 at 7:50 AM , Blogger From the Old InkWell said...

How creative and thrifty you are! Happy 4th!

 
At June 29, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Someone is ready for a patriotic party :-). I loved your pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the coming holiday weekend.

 
At June 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing and Happy Blue Monday to you!

 
At June 29, 2009 at 10:04 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your patriotic blue, but I'm very sorry about what that wind did to your canvas. I love blue sky, but I wouldn't want to see it peeping through my awning, either.

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At June 29, 2009 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

Now that's true innovation if ever I've seen it! You get the gold star for thinking completely outside of the box, my dear! Very inspiring!
Brenda

 
At June 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The Calif Santa Ana winds did the same thing to ours. We took our gazebo down. But I like the twinkle lights idea. Your ceiling fan was too funny. Whatever it takes to keep you cool. My hubby had installed a real ceiling fan in ours.

 
At June 29, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Love your patriotic decorations! Especially those cute red chairs w/the white table.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

 
At June 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Christina said...

Such a great idea with the lights. Twinkle lights at night are just beautiful. That scene at the end of twilight was great inspiration!!

 
At June 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

That's so funny with the fan! What a good thrifty idea. Looks like many fun times will be had out there!

 
At June 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks so festive! I'm going to hang some light for my July 4th celebration too! Fantastic Mary! Stop by my blog for my 100th post giveaway if you get a chance!
Have a great week!
~Really Rainey~

 
At June 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Terry said...

Howdy
Oh my you are brilliant .
this was so awesome !!!!!!!!
Happy Blue Monday .
Have a fabulous week.
Blessings to you and yours as you enjoy your new backyard makeover :)
Happy Trails
Hugs

 
At June 30, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

I have all the pieces of a gazebo like that sitting in my garage right now. We bought it last year and had it up for less than a month before some crazy wind picked it up and set half of it down on TOP of my 6 foot fence!!! Yeah, the canvas was a goner. I LOVE what you did with the twinkle lights! I'm going to try to talk my hubby into putting it back up and hitting it with some lights! Beautiful AND ingenious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home