Metamorphosis Monday, Blue Monday and Thrifty Treasures























My hubby found this wonderful weathered rocking chair and rusty, chippy metal side table out by the curb. The rocker had a broken foot, which he replaced with some scrap wood from the garage. And I opened one of my cans of recycled paint and gave it a light coat, since the rest of the rocker is weathered. I paired the weathered pieces with one of my favorite blue vases that belonged to my grandmother. The white lily of the Nile flowers I picked from my yard. I set everything up under our jacaranda tree, I love the purple flowers.


Please visit Susan at her blog, Between Naps On The Porch, to view all of the really great Metamorphosis posts! :O)

And please visit Sally at her blog, Smiling Sally, to see all of the beautiful Blue Monday posts! :O)

Also, please visit Rhonda at her blog, Southern Hospitality, to see all of the great thrifty finds!
:O)

Labels: ,

..: Metamorphosis Monday, Blue Monday and Thrifty Treasures

Sunday, June 14

Metamorphosis Monday, Blue Monday and Thrifty Treasures























My hubby found this wonderful weathered rocking chair and rusty, chippy metal side table out by the curb. The rocker had a broken foot, which he replaced with some scrap wood from the garage. And I opened one of my cans of recycled paint and gave it a light coat, since the rest of the rocker is weathered. I paired the weathered pieces with one of my favorite blue vases that belonged to my grandmother. The white lily of the Nile flowers I picked from my yard. I set everything up under our jacaranda tree, I love the purple flowers.


Please visit Susan at her blog, Between Naps On The Porch, to view all of the really great Metamorphosis posts! :O)

And please visit Sally at her blog, Smiling Sally, to see all of the beautiful Blue Monday posts! :O)

Also, please visit Rhonda at her blog, Southern Hospitality, to see all of the great thrifty finds!
:O)

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

At June 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great find and I love that you kept it rustic!

 
At June 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks all great. Just love the weathered look for it's beachy feel..., and I wish I'd find a blue bottle like that on the beach!!

 
At June 14, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Bothe the rocking chair and the table were great finds and you transformed them well for your outdoor decor.

 
At June 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Barbara Jean said...

Great pics./
Love the vignette with the chair.

blessings,
Barbara Jean

 
At June 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM , Blogger The Bloom Girls said...

Wow...great finds! I love the rocker and the perfect weathered look.
Nola
Nashville, TN

 
At June 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Anne Fannie said...

Love your great find!
Happy Blue Monday!
~Ann

 
At June 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Coloradolady said...

Great pictures...the blue vase really stands out in those shots! Happy Blue Monday.

 
At June 15, 2009 at 2:19 AM , Blogger aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh how lovely. What a nice spot to sit in the garden sipping tea! I'm so impressed with your red power tool!!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 5:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! Oh, I'm loving all you've done! You've given that old rocker new life! What a lovely little spot to sit and sip tea!
Be a sweeite,
Shelia ;)

 
At June 15, 2009 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good job on the chair! Happy Blue Monday!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Everything here is lovely but I'm especially drawn to the blue of your vase. It is a gorgeous color. Thank you for sharing it all with us. Have a great day.

 
At June 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Love all your thrifty finds! Esp. that blue bottle. and oops, I almost deleted your link, it didn't come back to this post. I fixed it this week, just be sure to add your thrifty post url next time. Thanks a bunch!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I love the old and the rustic. I adore the screen door on your header!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 7:16 AM , Blogger ★Carol★ said...

The rocker turned out great! I didn't think a break like that could be repaired. I love that rusty little table--I've been looking for one myself! I like the names of your cats too, especially Festus. We watched alot of Gunsmoke while it was raining on vacation!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Barb said...

Mary, love the chair and the gracious and lovely setting.

Barb

 
At June 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

Nice pictures. The rocker looks great. You guys did a good job on it. Love your cats, all 4. I only have 2.
Cindy

 
At June 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Terry said...

Howdy Sweetie
Wow what an awesome triple delight ,
I love it all.
Huggy bear did kind of steal my attention away from the rocker but only for a little while than I thought I can come back to visit and still
enjoy your cute furry baby.
Blessings of joy to you and yours.
Thank you for sharing all these wonderful treasures today.
The photos were all fantastic.
They are awesome !!
Happy Trails
Hugs

 
At June 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Love, love your chair make-over - so fabulous! And what a sweet little sitting area you've made. So inviting! I love jacaranda trees (even though they can make a mess) - grew up on Jacaranda Street in Fullerton, CA!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

 
At June 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Ashley ~ said...

That rocking chair looks comfy*! A nice place to sit and have a cold glass of ice tea on a hot summer day*! _Ashley

 
At June 15, 2009 at 2:12 PM , Blogger RobinfromCA said...

Love your post for today! The jarcanda is beautiful. I'm in NorCal and they are blooming all over the place right now. The blue vase is very pretty and the setting with your "new" rocking chair is so inviting!

Happy Blue Monday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

 
At June 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

The blue vase is gorgeous!!!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

great photos! Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

 
At June 15, 2009 at 2:40 PM , Blogger anythinggoeshere said...

Well this is sure a thrifty find..free chair, recycled paint, your own flowers. It couldn't get any better. Happy Thrifty Monday

 
At June 15, 2009 at 3:55 PM , Blogger SmilingSally said...

You've done an amazing job combining everything, but you forgot to leave me a comment. Please come back. Happy Blue Monday.

 
At June 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

What a sweet inviting spot!

 
At June 15, 2009 at 7:54 PM , Blogger fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow, three events in one post.. awesome! great photos..

thanks for sharing & happy Monday
fitty

 
At June 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM , Blogger imjacobsmom said...

I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for great finds like those. You & your hubby make a great team. Your new little spot looks so relaxing and pretty. ~ Robyn

 
At June 16, 2009 at 4:09 AM , Blogger Kammy said...

Great job on saving that chair !
Hugs ~ Kammy

 
At June 16, 2009 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What a great job you guys did! Terrific finds...

 
At June 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Susan Hickam said...

Great pictues! I wish I had a handy hubby( or just a handy me!) to do that fixing thing. It turned out great. I love the look and it is so much more enjoyable when it is thrifty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home