Mosaic Monday


This is a hummingbird nest, in my front planter outside my kitchen window. It's attached to an olive tree branch. In the top left picture you can see the tiny hummingbird in the center if you really try. (click on the picture to enlarge) I wanted to take pictures when the chicks were much smaller but I didn't want to upset the mother. Now they are pretty well grown and in the bottom right picture, one of the chicks has flown out of the nest. It's amazing how they live in a nest that sways quite wildly at times in the wind from a long narrow hanging branch.

I wanted to thank Mary at Little Red House for hostessing Mosaic Monday. Please click on the link to visit her blog and view all of the beautiful mosaics! :O)

Labels:

..: Mosaic Monday

Sunday, June 7

Mosaic Monday


This is a hummingbird nest, in my front planter outside my kitchen window. It's attached to an olive tree branch. In the top left picture you can see the tiny hummingbird in the center if you really try. (click on the picture to enlarge) I wanted to take pictures when the chicks were much smaller but I didn't want to upset the mother. Now they are pretty well grown and in the bottom right picture, one of the chicks has flown out of the nest. It's amazing how they live in a nest that sways quite wildly at times in the wind from a long narrow hanging branch.

I wanted to thank Mary at Little Red House for hostessing Mosaic Monday. Please click on the link to visit her blog and view all of the beautiful mosaics! :O)

Labels:

12 Comments:

At June 8, 2009 at 3:17 AM , Blogger Foley said...

This is something I have never seen before - you are so lucky to have this in your yard! Great mosaic!

 
At June 8, 2009 at 3:18 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Oh my goodness, how precious!!! How lucky you are to have such beauty at your door, Mary. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Mosaic Monday. :)

 
At June 8, 2009 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a cute collection of photos! Beautiful seeing them together in a mosaic!

 
At June 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Carol said...

I am very jealous! We have the hummingbirds but I have never found a nest. Thank you for posting such a precious mosaic. Lucky you!

 
At June 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Joyce said...

So touching to see these little ones.
Joyce

 
At June 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I love this sweet mosaic!!! We just watched some cardinal birdies hatch!!! They are so cute!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

 
At June 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Carol said...

What a neat mosaic! Enjoyed your post!

 
At June 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mary!
You have been so blessed to have a hummer nest in your yard! WOW! What a fun mosaic!
~Really Rainey~

 
At June 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

I have never seen a hummingbird nest! Amazing!

 
At June 10, 2009 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Decor To Adore said...

Hi Mary,

I wanted to let you know that I have your award posted on my blog today with a link to your site.

Thank you ever so much!

 
At June 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Blogger imjacobsmom said...

Cool mosaic. I always see the cute little things zipping around my flowers and they are never still enough to get a good look at them. This was fun. ~ Robyn

 
At June 12, 2009 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Shirley said...

Mary,
How blessed you are to see a humming bird nest! I have quite a few hummers at my feeders but have never found a nest.
SHirley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home