Tablescape Thursday (and a free tea cart!)












I found this really cute tea cart out by the curb! When I got it home, all I did was paint the bottom weathered unpainted board white. I left the rest as-is and rolled it out to my little garden corner to go live with my other curb found garden furniture. I knew it would make a fun tablescape surface, so I dressed it up in blue and white. The blue willow teapot was a present from my husband one year for my birthday. I love blue willow china, it was what we almost always used everyday when I was growing up, it holds found memories.
The just wanted to thank Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for hostessing Tablescape Thursday. Please click on the link to visit her blog and view all of the lovely and talented tablescapes! :O)

Labels:

..: Tablescape Thursday (and a free tea cart!)

Tuesday, June 2

Tablescape Thursday (and a free tea cart!)












I found this really cute tea cart out by the curb! When I got it home, all I did was paint the bottom weathered unpainted board white. I left the rest as-is and rolled it out to my little garden corner to go live with my other curb found garden furniture. I knew it would make a fun tablescape surface, so I dressed it up in blue and white. The blue willow teapot was a present from my husband one year for my birthday. I love blue willow china, it was what we almost always used everyday when I was growing up, it holds found memories.
The just wanted to thank Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for hostessing Tablescape Thursday. Please click on the link to visit her blog and view all of the lovely and talented tablescapes! :O)

Labels:

18 Comments:

At June 3, 2009 at 7:04 PM , Blogger ellen b. said...

Oh my! You found that lovely on the side of the road for free!! So very cool and perfect with the lace and the Blue Willow! I love it!!

 
At June 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Maryrose said...

Hi,
I see a blue and white theme emerging from blogland and yours is lovely. Your tea cart is the perfect setting for a perfect tablescape.
~Maryrose

 
At June 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Lady Katherine said...

I love all your iron furniture, I see peeking through. Now the tea cart, I how I love it! Lucky you, Hubby we need to go riding, and see if we see a tea cart! lol I love your blue willow. I never posted mine. Your teapot is lovely! Mine a little different. Love the outdoor setting.

 
At June 3, 2009 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Natalie Meester said...

I am always a sucker for blue and white! Love the blue vase and how you put the blue votive cups on top of the tall candlesticks...how clever!

 
At June 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Patricia said...

This is my first time to your blog it is wonderful!

I LOVE your tea cart it is AMAZING!
I have wanted one for so long
It is amazing too that I don't realy have a lot of blue in my own home but admire it so much when I see it in willow plates!

 
At June 3, 2009 at 8:30 PM , Blogger niartist said...

LOVE the blue and white - LOVE the FREE cart, LOVE THE CANDLESTICKS! Love it all - great job!

 
At June 3, 2009 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Mary said...

You FOUND that tea cart?! Wow! What a pretty setting! I'm such a sucker for blue willow -- absolutely love it. this looks like such a lovely place to have some tea and cake... :)

 
At June 4, 2009 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I love your blue and white china. That iron chair you have in your previous post is beautiful and all that for free I'm envious!
Carolyn

 
At June 4, 2009 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Brenda Pruitt said...

I never seem to find such goodies at the curb! Good for you! You've captured my heart, I want you to know, with the blue and white, for it is truly one of my sentimental favorites.
Brenda

 
At June 4, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Chandy said...

You should also link up to Leigh's Thrifty Thursday for that tea cart. What lovely Blue Willow pieces you've got there!

 
At June 4, 2009 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous find in the teacart. I LOVE it and of course I absolutely love the Blue Willow. Such a pretty tablescape. You do have such pretty pieces. Don't forget about our "Cloche Party" on June 19th. Check out my blog for all the details. I hope you will join in on all the fun. Hugs, Marty

 
At June 4, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger The Bloom Girls said...

Oh Mary,

I just love that teacart! It is so sweet! What a great find! The blue and white is so pretty and summery! Very inviting!

Have a great weekend!

Karyn

 
At June 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Mary...

Ohhhh NOOOOO!!! Tell me that you didn't find that absolutely charming little tea cart out by the roadside...I can hardly bear it!!! FREE??? Girl, you may have just come into the deal of the century!!! I just love it and it looks so beautiful outdoors on your patio! All dressed up in that pretty lace...and blue willow...well, it just doesn't get any better than that, my friend!!! What beautiful photos and vignettes!!! Such a pleasure coming to your house today!!! I'm so happy for you and your new treasure find...it's fabulous!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

 
At June 4, 2009 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You are one lucky girl to have scored such a fabulous tea cart. And it looks perfect with the Blue Willow. I need to find where my Blue Willow (um, I mean my hubby's) so that I can use it for a tablescape. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos & I better go searching for my plates now.
Kim

 
At June 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Oh what a great find! And I love the blue willow. the blue and white theme is so fresh and kind of calming. I love the lace tablecloth. Very pretty.

 
At June 4, 2009 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Lovely tea service, and the cart is great! What a find!

 
At June 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Its just amazing that one man's trash is another mans treasure isn't it! That cart is adorable! Just Beautiful! Its just perfect for a little tablescape. Oh and blue willow, I have always loved it too!
Having a good weekend?
~Really Rainey~

 
At June 9, 2009 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

A Fabulous TEA CART by the road???? Oh my what a found treasure!!!! and the Blue Willow... beautiful You are one lucky chickie! xoxo, ~Kathy~@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home