The paper in this shadow box was puckered and in need of some new lining.
This is all I used for the project: my trusty glue gun, scissors, burlap and shells.
I managed to save most of the cute picture that came with the frame, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I scrapped everything off using one of my favorite tools, a butter knife.
I cut a square of burlap slightly larger than I needed and glued it to the inside surface of the box.
I trimmed to fit after it was glued. I learned that burlap is tricky and it's better to guesstimate larger than you need.
I simply arranged, then glued my shells the way I liked them.
As for the frame, I used some straw like texture, burlapy looking ribbon and simply hot glued it around the frame.
I embellished the frame with pale wooden letters and small shells.
This was pretty easy to make and was a lot of fun!