Hi! How is your weekend going so far? I've been busy hauling bags of soil home from The Home Depot. The raised vegetable bed is finely filled up with dirt. Yay!
But first, as you can see, there are many holes in between the concrete pieces. So, I had to line the bed first or else the dirt would all run out of the holes the first time I watered it.
I had a large roll of window screening in the garage and we just had a few windows replaced, so I re-used the old screening too. Once the soil settles in, I'll trim off the screening that's sticking out and showing still.
For now, I planted a blueberry bush, which I've never grown before and I'm really excited about. And I bought an eggplant, because I love eggplant! And two zucchini plants because they get big and produce a lot.
I'm going see how big they get and add some different ones as the Summer progresses.
My blueberry bush came with berries already on it!
And I bought some herbs for another container, Italian parsley, basil and cilantro.
I finished up the brick barbecue area and filled in the cracks with free
sand from the beach. I just sweep it in, super easy.
The bricks looked really wavy to me when I finished, oh well.....
Anyway, my husband is happy with his new little area. :O)
And the whole area will look better once the bark is down. I did pull out the umbrella for the first time this year. It normally goes on the main patio over the table, but I like it over here now, to shade us while we grill.
After I was done with the side yard for the day, I took a little break and stopped
by a neighbors yard sale. I found a vintage book and some old road maps.
The book has this picture in it, kinda cool, eh? And as for the road maps, I'm going to use them to craft with, I think, they were only 5 cents each and the book was 40 cents.
My other find were these blue margarita glasses, a dollar each!
Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
1. Please link to the specific post, not your blog!
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc.
3. Please include a brief description in link up.
4. Grab my Masterpiece Monday button on the sidebar and include it in your post or a link to Boogieboard Cottage so people can find you and more great ideas.
5. Please check and make sure your link works. If it doesn't you can delete it and try again.
6. Please no direct links to sales sites, i.e. ETSY or just a plain ol' commercial site, we are looking for your home made masterpieces we can recreate, thanks!