Welcome To The 31st Masterpiece Monday

Hi there! I'm pleased to announce that I've finished one of my bigger painting projects, which I've scheduled myself for this Summer. Whew! This one was not fun or easy due to the many details, especially on the chairs. But where there's a will, there's a way right?

 Here is a before picture of the chairs, I used only two in the after shot for fun, so all four chairs would be different. :O)
 I started to paint the table, then realized that I needed a before shot. Please excuse the blurriness, but you get the idea.
 Now I don't need to use slipcovers or tablecloths unless I want to. I recovered the seats in burlap.
 The chair below was painted a long time ago so all I had to do was add burlap.


 Do you like my GW plates? I think they're originally from Target. They remind me of the ocean.


 I brought out my craft table metal chair and plopped a burlap pillow on the seat. what'a ya think?







There ya go. Now I need to get stated on the next painting project. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been creating this week!

I'm linking this week to White Wednesday at Faded Charm and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. 


Have Fun!


..: Welcome To The 31st Masterpiece Monday

Sunday, July 31

Welcome To The 31st Masterpiece Monday

Hi there! I'm pleased to announce that I've finished one of my bigger painting projects, which I've scheduled myself for this Summer. Whew! This one was not fun or easy due to the many details, especially on the chairs. But where there's a will, there's a way right?

 Here is a before picture of the chairs, I used only two in the after shot for fun, so all four chairs would be different. :O)
 I started to paint the table, then realized that I needed a before shot. Please excuse the blurriness, but you get the idea.
 Now I don't need to use slipcovers or tablecloths unless I want to. I recovered the seats in burlap.
 The chair below was painted a long time ago so all I had to do was add burlap.


 Do you like my GW plates? I think they're originally from Target. They remind me of the ocean.


 I brought out my craft table metal chair and plopped a burlap pillow on the seat. what'a ya think?







There ya go. Now I need to get stated on the next painting project. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been creating this week!

I'm linking this week to White Wednesday at Faded Charm and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
Boogieboard Cottage


1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. 


Have Fun!


31 Comments:

At July 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Beverly said...

Mary that is gorgeous! Did you use chalk paint? I am tackling a project this weekend and I get the not fun part! Your room is absolutely stunning, worth the work. The burlap works great for the seat covers.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous carol ann said...

Looks great! Blue and white my favorite!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Thank you! I always use free recycled paint from the local dump.
Mary :O)

 
At July 31, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Very nice! I like the metal chair in the mix. The colors are sooooo soothing. Thanks for hosting.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Blogger The Charm of Home said...

Mary, This looks fantastic! I love it white! As soon as I get the kids in school I am going to get my dining room chairs white. Right now I can not get much done beyond 10 minutes. Lol I will get my post ready and come over and join you!
Sherry

 
At July 31, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

It is amazing how much more fresh the dining area feels with the chairs and table painted white! You did a wonderful job. The plates are just perfect to go with the other colors in the room. I love all your candles are other accessories.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Ann from On Sutton Place said...

What a lovely room...I can see why it took you a while. Big projects like this are daunting but most always worth it in the end. Thanks for hosting...have a great week.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love the room. The table looks fantastic and I love how it all looks together.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I so want to paint my dining table. Did you put some type of sealant in top of it. I am so afraid of it chipping if we use it without a table cloth.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, your mixture of chairs is wonderful and you did a great job with your painted finish effects. Fabulous accessories in the room too, sort of like keeping it real with a little bit of bling (flip flops & pearls), my favorite look! Thank you for hostessing ~ Diane

 
At July 31, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Blogger The French Hutch said...

Oh how I love mercury glass and your ocean blue and white. Beautiful tablescape. I'm loving the white metal chair. Gorgeous post. Thanks for hosting and hope your week is fabulous........

~Emily
The French Hutch

 
At July 31, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Carri K said...

Your table turned out amazing! I have a honey oak table just like it that needs re-done. I am NOW inspired!!! =) Thank you for sharing and for hosting.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Honey at 2805 said...

So pretty! I really like the mix of chairs. Thanks for hosting!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Terry said...

I think I flipped back and forth four times to make sure these were the same chairs. They look fantastic and so pretty at the table..you set a wonderful table too, so jealous of your plates and all the mercury glass...love everything you've done! Great job! I vote 10+!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Great table!! I love the blue & white together. Thanks for hosting.

 
At July 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Dandelion and Daisy said...

That WAS a LOT of work! The results are stunning! The white is perfect for a So Cal beach look...so fresh and bright.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 4:11 AM , Blogger Custom Comforts said...

Absolutely love your table, chairs and tablescape!!! Everything is so beautiful. I have the same picture that you have on your wall, only I've never gotten mine hung. You've inspired me to get it matted and on the wall.
Again ~ just love everything!!!
Cindy

 
At August 1, 2011 at 4:19 AM , Blogger Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous table, chairs, and setting!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Town and Country Gals said...

Mary,
your table and chairs turned out beautiful! The burlap seats are perfect. Love your table setting, the turquoise plates and shells under glass, my favorite, just lovely!
Rebecca

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:18 AM , Blogger The Single Nester said...

What times dinner :)

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:58 AM , Blogger poppilinnstudios said...

Beautiful transformation! And, your table setting is so pretty, love the colors!
Lynn

 
At August 1, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous fran said...

You did a great job on the table and chairs. Love the combination of burlap with the soft white. Great photos, too.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower - love what you've done with your chairs, your table setting looks lovely ... :0)

 
At August 3, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

What a great job you did on the painting, the new look is wonderful. I love the cloches with shells. Kathy

 
At August 7, 2011 at 3:19 AM , Blogger xinex said...

Love the table set, Mary. You did a great job. Your room looks fab!..Christine

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Beeutiful by Design said...

Wonderful! Love your chairs and the table setting. Esp. the mercury votives. Jennifer

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

I love how all the mis matched chairs "match"! I really adore the fan back chair the best!

Love aqua as a beachy color scheme, love your tablescape!!

~Wendy

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Blogger a quiet life said...

looks fabulous!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 6:20 AM , Blogger JudyBug said...

You did a fantastic job! I just love the white chairs. One of my favorite combinations right now is white and mercury glass. Love it!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Anonymous Karin Şen Cankan said...

The table setting is wonderful. You did a great job.

Thank you for sharing

Love,
Karin Şen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

 
At August 13, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous Alycia Nichols said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I love the whitewashed manzanita branch on the table in the background!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home