Welcome To The 82nd Masterpiece Monday!

Can you guess what kind of flower this is? Queen Anne's Lace perhaps?  Not quite..........
 Would you believe this is a carrot gone to seed?
 I experimented with some vegetables, carrots, cabbage, celery and lettuce.
 I planted the tops of the carrots we ate and the stem portions of the other veggies and they grew!

 No seeds needed. I never harvested the carrots. I wanted to see what would happen if I let them grow. I was pleasantly surprised, I never dreamed that carrots would flower!
 All I did was plant about a dozen carrot tops just below the surface last Spring, And I got this beautiful bouquet literally from kitchen scraps I would normally throw out.


Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Most of all, have fun!



..: Welcome To The 82nd Masterpiece Monday!

Saturday, July 21

Welcome To The 82nd Masterpiece Monday!

Can you guess what kind of flower this is? Queen Anne's Lace perhaps?  Not quite..........
 Would you believe this is a carrot gone to seed?
 I experimented with some vegetables, carrots, cabbage, celery and lettuce.
 I planted the tops of the carrots we ate and the stem portions of the other veggies and they grew!

 No seeds needed. I never harvested the carrots. I wanted to see what would happen if I let them grow. I was pleasantly surprised, I never dreamed that carrots would flower!
 All I did was plant about a dozen carrot tops just below the surface last Spring, And I got this beautiful bouquet literally from kitchen scraps I would normally throw out.


Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Most of all, have fun!



25 Comments:

At July 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM , Blogger The French Hutch said...

Wow, that's amazing! I sure though Queen Ann's Lace too. I want to try this so thanks for the tip. Thanks for hosting.

~Emily
The French Hutch

 
At July 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is my kind of "gardening"! Love it!

LBDH

 
At July 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM , Blogger iheartsunnydays said...

Wow - I've never seen carrot flowers before - who knew they'd be so pretty. I've got to try this :)

 
At July 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! I must try that next spring. I never knew Carrots did that.

 
At July 22, 2012 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Would not have guessed the lacy plant was carrot tops gone crazy. Neat idea. Thanks for hosting this week, I added a new to me cloche and had fun trying out different displays. Have a great week.
Joy

 
At July 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this,Mary!Gotta try this, looks exactly like Queen Anne's lace.I appreciate you hosting this wonderful party! Happy Sunday!~Poppy

 
At July 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

LOVE Queen Annes lace. Its one of my faves. I picked buckets and buckets from my parents farm where it grows rampant. LOL I filled white baskets by the dozens to use at our wedding. Queen Anne's Lace and white roses. It was beautiful. I need to get some growing in my garden too. Thanks for hosting MM. :)

 
At July 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

They are beautiful, Mary! Who would have guessed that carrots flower? Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

 
At July 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

They is really interesting that it came from a carrot because it sure looks like Queen Anne Lace!

Thanks so much for hosting!

Hugs,
Debbie

 
At July 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM , Blogger must love junk said...

How funny! Who knew? (re:carrots) Thanks for hosting!
Susan

 
At July 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Aren't surprises fun? Thanks for hosting this newly-discovered meme! I hope you'll stop by and check out my Vintage Linen & Dish Auction for charity if you get a chance.

 
At July 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Thanks so very much for hostessing your great party for us, Mary! I have been in the mountains and away from computer connection so I am just now seeing that my beach wreath was one of your favorites from last week...thanks so very much...I'm glad that you liked it.

 
At July 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Mary, I had some carrots go to seed one year and I was surprised to see them flower. It did look a lot like Queens Ann Lace. Thanks for hosting.
Hugs,
Jann

 
At July 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Great idea with veggie scraps, Mary!
Thanks for hosting :)

 
At July 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Thanks so much for hosting your sweet linky party for us all. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

 
At July 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM , Blogger renae said...

hi, I just entered your party (linky thing) and it looks like it will be fun. I'm rather swampped today but will be back tomorrow to further 'meet and greet' but, thought I should introduce myself to you, first. Hi! glad to me cha!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Linda Leyble said...

Looks like Queen Ann's Lace - which I believe can be deadly! Looks a little like Yarrow too in a way. I have to plant some carrots - it's very pretty!

Thanks for always hosting the link party. I am joining with a little project this week.

Linda

 
At July 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Leslie Harris said...

Hi Mary. I'm new here. Glad to meet you! I stopped by to share my humble little foyer (#91)and I'm looking forward to checking out your lovely blog. And all these wonderful ideas.
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Hello Mary,
That's just too cool! It make sense - the Queen's Anne lace has a tap root that looks like a carrot - Love it! I do appreciate you hosting!
Have a blessed week,
Kathy

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Heaven's Walk said...

My husband, being the farmboy that he is, used to call Queen Anne's Lace, "Wild Carrots", Mary. They must be from the same family or something, because they're one in the same or just look amazingly similar! :)

xoxo laurie

 
At July 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for hosting. Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

 
At July 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for hosting I have placed your button on my blog hop site
http://sidecapers.blogspot.com/search/label/Monday

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Shabby Marilyn said...

Thanks for hosting! Love the carrot flowers!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Vintage Street Designs said...

Thanks for hosting! Have an awesome week!!! ~ Judy

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM , Anonymous Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hi Mary: Thank you for hosting--I love the carrot flowers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home