We celebrated my birthday last weekend

In keeping with my love of white, my husband surprised me with white roses and a homemade coconut cake.
He made it from a mix, but still! And he covered it with canned cream cheese frosting and topped it with coconut, yummmmmm! :O)
I just knew that I had to whip this into a table scape, complete with balloons and snow flake candles. I even used my fancy, free, tea cups from Freecycle.
He said he was inspired by watching a cooking show. I guess not all T.V. is bad!!!! :O)



And then we all had delicious humongous pieces of cake and coffee.......
What sweet surprise!

Linked to:
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Tablescape Thursday at Beween Naps On The Porch
..: We celebrated my birthday last weekend

Monday, December 6

We celebrated my birthday last weekend

In keeping with my love of white, my husband surprised me with white roses and a homemade coconut cake.
He made it from a mix, but still! And he covered it with canned cream cheese frosting and topped it with coconut, yummmmmm! :O)
I just knew that I had to whip this into a table scape, complete with balloons and snow flake candles. I even used my fancy, free, tea cups from Freecycle.
He said he was inspired by watching a cooking show. I guess not all T.V. is bad!!!! :O)



And then we all had delicious humongous pieces of cake and coffee.......
What sweet surprise!

Linked to:

15 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Sue said...

Happy Birthday to you! And what a great husband!! I LOVE the white roses, they are a favorite of mine. For some reason, at this time of year, my white roses are blooming all over the place. I plan on cutting some and bringing them "inside" tomorrow. Hope your birthday was grand!

Take care, Sue

 
At December 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Pamela said...

Awww...not just sweet but beautiful, too. I think I visit your blog just to remind myself it's not cold everywhere. -15 chill factor here.

 
At December 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Passionate for White said...

Lucky you... and that cake looks SO Yummy!! Happy Belated Birthday!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Beatnheart said...

whatta Man...he must love ya very much..come on by..I’m having a Givaway

 
At December 8, 2010 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful surprise, Happy Birthday. The cake is wonderful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

 
At December 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Beatnheart said...

Thank you for the posting. Your the best !

 
At December 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Amy Chalmers said...

Oh my! I love that cake. It looks incredible, what a peach of a hubby.

 
At December 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Vittle me this... said...

Just lovely! The pics look dreamy!

 
At December 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Chubby Chieque said...

OMG! Your hubby is a great one...

I love white too. I can even paint everything into white.

Belated Happy Bday to you & happy TS & week-end ahead.

/chie

 
At December 9, 2010 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Red Couch Recipes said...

Mix or not that husband is a keeper and so is the cake -- it is just a picture of perfection! Happy belated birthday to you. I am holding a $75 CSN giveaway that ends Sunday. Stop by if you like. Joni

 
At December 10, 2010 at 4:43 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Happy birthday! I love your cake and how sweet that he made it white, just for you! Everything is so festive. I love those candles.

 
At December 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Alycia Nichols said...

So, so pretty! Happy Birthday to you, and KUDOS to your sweet hubby for getting in that kitchen and doing his thing! That was truly a gift from the heart! You guys sound like a very loving couple!

 
At December 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous cynsbeachhouse said...

Gorgeous...what a hubby! Love your blog, right up my alley. I mean right up my boogieboard beach & seashell decor alley

 
At December 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Entertaining Women said...

Not only did he surprise you with a wonderful cake and roses, he really made the effort to choose the element of white because he knew that you liked it. I'm impressed! Thank you for sharing your lovely party design. Cherry Kay

 
At January 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger The Clay Trowel said...

Oh you are making me miss Disneyland!! I lived in San Diego for 2 years and had passes for the kids. It's FREEZING here in Idaho!!! I miss the warm weather, blue skies and theme parks! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I linked up! I love the Bible verses on your blog - good things to be reminded about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home