Welcome To The 83rd Masterpiece Monday!

Hi, How are you? I really enjoyed all of the comments I received about my carrot flower!

This week I did a make over on my seashell cabinet.


Here is the before picture. I love this cabinet that hubs found by the curb. I added the glass door knobs.



 
I still had some Martha Stewart "sea glass" paint left and decided to paint the cabinet with it.
The hardest part was taping off and covering all the glass, on both sides!
Another challenge was finding a cover for the light bulb.
My free and frugal solution was to simply drape a vintage hankie over the metal bar above the bulb. Viola!
When I finished painting, I took some rough sand paper to the edges.





Here's a little seashell tour:
Sorry about the dark, blurry pics!
I also have an old bottle collection that I like mix with my shell collection.






Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Most of all, have fun!


..: Welcome To The 83rd Masterpiece Monday!

Saturday, July 28

Welcome To The 83rd Masterpiece Monday!

Hi, How are you? I really enjoyed all of the comments I received about my carrot flower!

This week I did a make over on my seashell cabinet.


Here is the before picture. I love this cabinet that hubs found by the curb. I added the glass door knobs.
I still had some Martha Stewart "sea glass" paint left and decided to paint the cabinet with it.
The hardest part was taping off and covering all the glass, on both sides!
Another challenge was finding a cover for the light bulb.
My free and frugal solution was to simply drape a vintage hankie over the metal bar above the bulb. Viola!
When I finished painting, I took some rough sand paper to the edges.





Here's a little seashell tour:
Sorry about the dark, blurry pics!
I also have an old bottle collection that I like mix with my shell collection.






Boogieboard Cottage

1. PLEASE. LINK. BACK.
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc. (Please no direct links to etsy).
3. PLEASE. LINK. BACK. PLEASE.


Most of all, have fun!


21 Comments:

At July 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Honey at 2805 said...

Your shell case is beautiful! I've always wanted to live at the beach, but displaying a few shells is the closest I think I'll get@ Thank you for being a lovely hostess!

 
At July 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I love your case makeover. That color is so gorgeous. I'm also envious of all of it's beautiful contents. I long for the sea here in landlocked Missouri!

 
At July 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

love your display case and all the shells and things you put in there its beautiful!

 
At July 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! My mother has one just like it! I love your pretty color you've given her.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At July 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Artsy VaVa said...

I love what you did with the cabinet! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a great updo on your cabinet, and such a wonderful sea collection you are displaying. Thanks for hosting, glad I could join in.
Joy

 
At July 29, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your shell cabinet, Mary! so may pretty shells and you have painted it such a pretty color! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie
Oops! Misspelled Victorian!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Ivy & Co said...

love those kinds of furniture reveals! great color. unique piece. nice hardware. :)

 
At July 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW! I really adore your curio transformation! Don't you just love what you can do with a can of paint??

Thanks so much for hosting each and every week!

Hugs,
Debbie

 
At July 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Your sea shell cabinet painted in the sea glass color is just pure perfection! I LOVE it! That does look like quite a job to tape off ALL of that glass inside and out but you did a great job. It doesn't look like a curbside curio anymore. Thanks so much for hosting your party for us!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous debra said...

WOW I love love LOVE it!

What alot of work! But absolutely gorgeous when done!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM , Blogger The French Hutch said...

Hi Mary, What a great transformation! The cabinet looks fabulous. Thanks for hosting.

~Emily
The French Hutch

 
At July 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Mary love the curio. I would love to have one to fill with shells and everything beachy like you have done. Great transformation. Thanks for hosting! ~Barb

 
At July 29, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Blogger must love junk said...

That's a really lovely color-and you have it displayed so well! Thanks for hosting :)
Susan

 
At July 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Heaven's Walk said...

Pretty pretty pretty, Mary! That sea glass blue is just the perfect backdrop for your amazing shell collection! :)

xoox laurie

 
At July 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mary,
Thanks so much for hosting us each week! Hope you have a great one! :D
~Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.com

 
At July 30, 2012 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

That's a spectacular display. A perfect color for the cabinet.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Hello Mary,
Oh, my! That is a perfect color for this cabinet - it draws attention to your seashell items! Beautiful, I do appreciate you hosting,
Kathy

 
At July 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Mary; Love your repainted cabinet. What a wonderful collection. Thank you for hosting, very much appreciated.
Denise

 
At July 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the linking blog hop....I am so late today, but still here.... I love your sea side exhibit.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for hosting! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home