My masterpiece this week is a living room area makeover and thrift find.
This is the way our TV area has looked for a while. We kept our old timey TV for a long time after everyone else started owning flat screens. We like being frugal and don't mind waiting longer to update our electronics when the prices become more reasonable and the models are more updated.It was also time to make some furniture changes because the flat screen wasn't going to fit into the old cabinet. And I've been wanting to get rid of the cluttered collection of cabinets along that wall. As you can see, in the bottom 3 pictures above, we tried putting two curbside finds together on the right side of the TV, which don't match up and are a bit of an eye sore.
Have you priced some of the new flat screen entertainment centers out there? Yikes, They can cost 2 or 3 times as much as the flat screen. It can make waiting for the right price for a flat screen to be not so cost effective! I finally found exactly what I looking for at Goodwill for $19.99 and it was already painted white and has a ton of storage!
Masterpiece Monday Linky Guidelines
1. Please link to the specific post, not your blog!
2. Feel free to link up any of your masterpiece's whether they're crafts, recipes, decor, thrifty finds, etc.
3. Please include a brief description in link up.
4. Grab my Masterpiece Monday button on the sidebar and include it in your post or a link to Boogieboard Cottage so people can find you and more great ideas.
5. Please check and make sure your link works. If it doesn't you can delete it and try again.
6. Please no direct links to sales sites, i.e. ETSY or just a plain ol' commercial site, we are looking for your home made masterpieces we can recreate, thanks!